Chapter 23: Don't Wanna (Picture of Aunt Elisha)

"I don't care what time it is Kai, you call me when you get there." Zac demanded as his mint green eyes burned into my own. 

If it was even possible for a person to look into another's eyes and see the depths of their soul, then that's what Zac was doing to me right now. I always managed to lose myself in his eyes.

Zac drove Ethan and I to the airport, Ethan was currently in one of the stores getting magazines and snacks for the flight.

The feel of his warm hands on each side of my face forcing me to maintain eye contact, were causing my face to feel all tingly.

I couldn't find my voice, so I simply nodded my head. I was afraid if I tried to talk, I'd burst out in tears...either that or drop to my knees and beg him to come with me!

My heart was filled with dread at the thought of having to be on a flight with Ethan. I know we were getting along and everything, but it was at a distance. We'd be in an enclosed space for seven entire hours!

You'd think I was leaving forever the way I dramatically clutched onto Zac like my life depended on it. I didn't want to let him go...as much as I wanted to see my Aunt, I would rather stay with Zac.

We haven't been apart for more than a couple days since we became a couple. Not counting that week, he gave me my supposed 'space'.

You saw how well that week turned out for me, I had to cuddle up to Aiden for goodness sakes! I didn't know how I was going to sleep at night without him snuggling with me.

I know...I know, it sounds pretty pathetic doesn't it? I bet you're all saying man up Kaila, stop relying on Zac so damn much!

"Don't look so sad buttercup, you'll be back before you know it." Zac reassured as he kissed me on the forehead and pulled me into his chest. I breathed in his scent and tried my best to memorize it, it always managed to calm me. "I love you." He whispered into my hair.

"I love you too Zachy." I croaked as my hands grasped fistfuls of the back of his t-shirt and my eyes began to water. I was fighting an internal battle within myself, stay or go...stay or go.

I was ready to just tell him to forget the whole thing and make up some excuse that I wasn't feeling well enough to endure the flight. Zac knew me way too well and would see right through my whole facade, so that was outta the question.

Zac pulled back slightly running his fingertips along the side of my face, wiping away a lone tear that managed to escape from my eyes with his thumb. His face inching closer and closer to my own.

"Don't cry beautiful." He whispered, his minty breath washing over my face. "You'll have a great time."

Giving me his heart breaking smile, he closed the distance and kissed me with a passion that almost knocked me off my feet.

"Ready?" Ethan's voice asked interrupting our heated make out session. We broke away and looked over at Ethan who seemed a bit flustered. "Uhh, sorry to interrupt, but they're announcing final boarding call."

Final boarding call? Where was the initial boarding call? How long were Zac and I entranced with one another that we completely missed the announcement?

Zac pecked my lips one last time and hugged me before letting his hands fall to his sides. My arms were still wrapped around his waist tightly. His chest vibrated with laughter, the punk was laughing at me!

"C'mon beautiful...you gotta go." Zac urged as he pried my arms from around him and walked me over to the gate. "Have a safe trip." He said hugging me from behind and then giving me a little shove forward.