Elementary (Mikey Imagine)

(A/N: I don't even know xD )

Since the first day of kindergarten, I liked him. Not just like, I like liked him. Now, halfway through the year, I still haven't spoken a word to him. I watch him. Not in a creepy way, he just has a pretty face. His pale face shimmers against the classroom lights. His too big glasses constantly slide to the tip of his nose. He always reads during recess.

His name is Mikey. I think he's cute. Mommy told me I have a 'crush', but I can't crush Mikey, I'm still little, even though she calls me a big girl.

At last, our teacher dismisses us to lunch, and everyone races out of the classroom to the cafeteria. That's when I realise Mommy forgot to pack me a lunch.

Looks like I have to buy today...

School food is icky!

As I approach the cashier, reaching my arms up to place my tray in front of her, she frowns, "You don't have enough money, sweetie." She takes my tray and places it next to her.

"Bu-"

"It's policy. I'm sorry. Now, run along."

With a sigh, I drag my feet over to an empty table, my stomach growling.

"Hey," I look up and see Mikey sat down across from me. My face heats up at his presence, "Why aren't you eating?"

"I- uh, forgot my lunch at home, and I don't have enough money to buy." I say shyly, avoiding eye contact. He rummages around in his lunch box and pulls out a pack of fruit snacks, sliding them in front of me.

"You can have these if you want them?" He offers, and I take them with a smile.

"Thank you."

Out of nowhere, I chubbier, older looking boy runs up behind Mikey, scruffing up his hair, "Who's your girlfriend, Mikes?" The boy asks with a smirk.

"Shut up, Gerard!" Mikey squeals, swatting Gerard's hands away.

"Whatever you say. C'mon, Mom's picking us up early to go to Grandma's." He pulls Mikey up by the arm, and just as soon as he sat down, he was gone.