Lingerie (Mikey Imagine) // Announcement

A/N: Hi, guys! We hit 150k today! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has supported me and has left me nice comments/messages. I remember how excited I was when we hit 1k. My own little fan base. Obviously, my focus isn't invested in writing this anymore, but as a way to say thank you, I'm deciding to write an imagine every 25k reads. So spread the word if you want more of me :) I've been working on other stories, but school and work has kept me very busy so I've decided to make them summer projects. Okay, I'm done rambling now. Love you guys!
-J.

~~

The car descended slowly through the lot as Mikey searched for a place to park. A few heads turned in our direction, as his old car, that was previously owned by his grandfather, makes an awful screeching sound whenever it goes below fifteen miles.

"Sorry," Mikey whispered under his breath repeatedly, his eyes darting side to side. He usually had a shy attitude, but today it seemed more prominent. Nearly anxious.

I first noticed when I called him and hour ago. His breathing seemed to shift when I asked if he could drive me to an "adult store." Having failed my drivers test last month, I've mostly been relying on him and my boyfriend, Frank, for rides.

"Thanks for bringing me again," I smile, hoping to ease his nerves,"Frank's volunteering at the shelter today, and well, this is kind of a surprise for him so." A light chuckle comes from his mouth, a forced one.

It rolls off my shoulders.

He pulls into a spot and the engine sputters to a silence. A couple passes by in front of the car, bright smiles on their faces. I watch as the man playfully slaps the woman's ass, and her screaming giggle can be heard, muffled by the car windows. Glancing at Mikey, he's just staring.

I purse my lips together, waiting to see if he'll say anything. He remains quiet.

With a sigh, I step out of the car, and he follows. The store's exterior is plastered with advertisements with just enough lewdness to be allowed to the public eye. Women in lingerie, men in boxers, whips, lube. Mikey opens the door for me, averting his eyes to the pavement.

A bell rings at our arrival. An employee greets us, "Can I help you with anything today?"

"No, thank you." With that, I head towards the lingerie section. This is not the kind of shopping where I want a stranger hovering me.

The wall is lined with various scandalous outfits. Laces, silks, fishnets all catch my eye. Which one says "I know we've only been dating for five months but I wanna do shit to you that an eighteen year old could only dream of?"

I grab a set with a black, see-through lace top with a red trim and matching underwear.

I turn to Mikey, "Do you think Frank will like this?" I question. He looks at me behind his glasses, chewing on his thumb nail. Quickly, his eyes glance down at the outfit then back to me. He shrugs.

Why is he being like this? He's never been so awkward and uncomfortable with me, "Mikey? What's wrong?"

He shrugs.

I hang the lingerie back up and pull him out of the store in silence. We stop outside the doors, and the wind blows his beanie to the side. There is a tension in the air, hitting me directly in the chest. Sternness washes over my face as I stare at him, waiting for an explanation. I turn away at his silence and start walking back to his car when he grabs my hand.

"Y/N, please..."

"Just tell me what's wrong!" I don't mean to shout, but I watch him jump at my outburst.

"I...I don't know. It's just, before Frank asked you out, I was planning to. I didn't want to mess things up with you two, but I guess it's just really upsetting me." He speaks slowly.

I stare at him. For once, I am the one without words.

He notices my blank expression, fear becoming his own, "Did I just ruin our friendship? Oh fuck I didn't mean-"

"Just... buy me an ice cream, and we'll talk about it another day. We can both forget it. Nothing's ruined. Deal?"

He sighs and smiles a little, "Okay, deal."