His Brother (Gerard Imagine)

Requested by @InfiniteInsannity

It all began back in sixth grade. I was sitting in the back of the class, scribbling mindlessly on a piece of paper, not bothering to pay attention to what the teacher was saying. If I had payed attention, I would have heard her telling my class about a new kid who would be joining the class. I only bothered to look up when I heard the door open, curious of who entered the room.
The first thing I remember noticing about him was how frail he looked.

This boy was accompanied by the principal, and like everyone else who was either shaking over Mr. Mathew's presence or taking notes, I observed the boy with my eyes.

He was tall, and he wore all black clothes, like myself. A brown fringe covered half of his face, and a beanie sat comfortably on his head. His hazel eyes were shielded by a thin rimmed pair of glasses. He noticed me looking and smiled. I turned my eyes back to my doodles.

"Class, this is Mikey Way. He's our new student. Mikey, there's an empty seat next to Y/N." Mrs. Connors announced.

I heard his footsteps approach the desk next to mine, but I kept my head down. I was never good at making friends.

"I like your drawings." I looked up at Mikey, not knowing how to reply.

"I like your face."

We've been friends ever since.

I thought I liked Mikey, but when I met his brother, Gerard, a whole new range of feelings sparked inside of me, and well, I wish I could say we hooked up, but in the twelve years that I've known the Way brothers, I've probably only mustered up a dozen sentences I've said to Gerard.

Now I sit, just like I did back in sixth grade, watching Mikey and his band practice in his garage. Well, I'm more or less watching Gerard. His hazel eyes are like the first sign of a leaf changing color from summer to fall, and I get lost as the leaves blow in the wind. He's so passionate about his music, and it draws me in so much.

His voice... Oh god, I can talk forever about his voice.

I don't notice that the song ends, or that Mikey sits down next to me.

"Y/N!"

I jump, snapping my gaze from Gerard to Mikey, "Huh?"

"What's going on?"

"Nothing," I shake my head, "Why do you ask?"

He leans in closer and lowers his voice, "You've been staring at Gerard the entire practice."

Fuck, Mikey! Damn you and your perception.

Think, Y/N. If he finds out you're in love with his brother, he'll tell him in a heart beat.

"He has a stain on his shirt, and it really bothers me." I say as casually as I can.

Mikey raises his eyebrows, "Right... well, we're done with practice. You wanna stay for dinner?"

My eyes trail over to Gerard. I've hung out at their house plenty of times, but normally Mikes and I just chill in his room. But dinner... I know his mom his sentimental about everyone eating together at the dinner table, and that means I'd have to have conversations with his family, and I have no doubt I'll be caught drooling over Gerard again.

I look back at Mikey, "I can't. My mom wants me to do a thing with her tonight."

"What thing?"

"Oh, y'know. Discuss... uh, things... about stuff." I'm fucked. Shit.

He grabs my hand and drags me out of the garage and up to his room, "Spill it, Y/N."

I look around and notice a soda can sitting by his bed. I pick it up and spill it on his carpet.

"Y/N, what the fuck!" He sprints over to my and grabs the can.

"What? You said to spill it. You didn't specify what it was, so I just did what you told me." I smirk.

"That's not what I meant!" He sighs, a small smile forming on his lips, "I know you like Gerard!"
My eyes go wide, and my breathing hitches, "You're insane. I-I don't like Gerard."

He crosses his arms over his chest, "You have 'obvious' written on your forehead! If he weren't so absorbed by music or art, he'd know too!"

I sigh, "Please don't tell him."

"I knew it!" He shouts.

I slap my hand over his mouth, "Keep it down, Mikey!"

He swats my hand away, "My best friend likes my brother!" He whispers excitedly, "Ask him out!"

I roll my eyes and sigh, "Mikes, I can barely say hi to him. Plus, I don't think he's interested in me under any aspect."

"I can do it for you." He suggests, but I shake my head.

"No."

He shrugs, "Whatever."

Mikey's door opens and Gerard pops his head in. The color drains from my face, "Uh, Mom wanted to know if Y/N is staying for dinner."

"N-"

"Yes! They're staying!" Mikey cuts me off, earning a glare from me.

Gerard's glance trails to me, "Okay. I'll let her know then."

With that, he closes the door.

I glare daggers at Mikey, "I swear, if you blab I'm going to rip your nuts off!"

"Ouch."

****

Donna calls everyone to the dining room.

"I hope you like it, Y/N." She smiles while she brings the food in.

"Smells great." I smile politely.

Gerard stumbles in and sits across from me and Mikey. I notice he has pencil smudges on the side of his hand.

"Looks like you were doing some intense drawing." I say to him, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah." He simply replies.

An awkward silence falls upon everyone.

Fuck.

"So, Y/N," Mikey speaks up, breaking the silence, "You still okay with me borrowing the new Smashing Pumpkins album?"

"New Smashing Pumpkins album?" Gerard chimes in.

"My dad works at a record store, so he gets a pick at albums before they get put on the shelves." I explain.

"Dude, you need to hook me up." He smiles.

"I'll see what I can do."

After dinner, Donna grabs all of our plates and takes them into the kitchen.

Gerard stands up, "Can I talk to you, Y/N?"

I nod and get up, following him downstairs into his room.

He sits down on his bed, but I stay standing.

"You can sit down if you want." He says.

I walk over and sit down next to him, picking at my nails to ease my nerves.

"I'm just gonna come out and say it... I heard you and Mikey talking in his room."

My face starts heating up, and I avoid eye contact. Shit!

"Gerard... I, uh..." Fuck. I can't think of what to say.

"Just listen. I know I don't really talk to you that much, but truth be told, it's because I get all nervous around you because... Well, because I..." He pauses and grabs my hand. I look up into his hazel eyes, "Because I feel the same way about you."