#14.1 One of You Has Cancer (Ashton)

Credit to Nae_Albert for the idea!! She's amazing, so y'all should follow her :)
__________

"B-babe," his voice shook, "is this tru-" his voice cut out as he couldn't continue. His eyes were welled up with tears.

"Yeah," you admitted sadly. "Lung cancer."

"How? You never smoked!" He whispered, collapsing on the couch, defeated. He buried his head in his hands.

"My parents and relatives," you began. "They say second-hand smoke is about just as bad, and I guess it's true."

You sat beside his quivering body, and he pulled you onto his lap. He cried into your shoulder, and you hugged his torso. "It can't be true!"

"I wish it wasn't, but they said there's a relatively strong chance I'll get through okay," you said reassuringly, mostly to yourself.

"Relatively? RELATIVELY?!" He spat. "COULD THE DOCTORS BE ANY LESS-"

"Ash, it's fine. They said there's a strong chance I'll live through this," you repeated.

"They'd better be right. Nothing is going to take you from me!" He cried. You wiped the tears from his tearstained cheeks, and he closed his eyes as the tears kept coming. He rested his forehead against yours, and he kissed your nose. "I love you, babe, no matter what happens."

"I love you, too, Ash. You're my everything."

-----

This is the day. You had surgery and chemo, and Ashton stuck with you the whole time.

"It's gonna be a long night," he'd said the previous night. "But I love you anyway," his sleep deprived eyes blinked as they teared up for the millionth time that night.

"I love you, too," you had smiled.

But now was the big moment. You and Ashton both felt nauseous, and you held hands tightly as you waited.

The doctor walked in with a happy and reassuring face. "Miss (y/l/n), we can't find any more traces-" at this, Ashton jumped up from his seat, and he hugged you tightly, crying tears of relief.

When he finally calmed down, the doctor continued. He told you how to take the medicine you needed, and he told you what to avoid.

You and Ashton left the office, and you two fell asleep in each other's arms instantly on the couch.

You pulled through, and Ashton was about as happy about it as you were.
__________
Sorry it's so blunt and boring but it's super late and I don't really care right now. Forgive me for typos. I'll correct them later :)