Chapter Nine

Double Upload - I want to get this chapter out to see what you all think about it. You will see what Im talking about.

Chapter Nine

I was again rudely woken from my slumber except this time the culprit being knocking rather than not singing. I groaned out "Come in," while snuggling further into my blankets and closing my eyes again.

"Alpha Aston and his son are here to wish you a happy birthday sweetie. You have thirty minutes to get ready," Mum announced, popping her head around the edge of my now opened door. Well, that got my attention. What on earth are they doing here so early? I rolled over to check the time. 2:30. What!?!? I had slept for around thirteen hours after the cake incident - I snickered at the memory. Sluggishly climbing off my bed I fumbled around my closet for something to wear, pulling out some lime green skinny jeans and a black top that said 'Trust Me, I'm A Rabbit' with a motif of Bugs Bunny across the back.

With my mind still clouded with sleep, I went through my usual motions. Shower, brush teeth, fix hair, get dressed, apply black eyeliner and mascara and finish with clear lip gloss. I slipped on some black flats and gave myself a once over before deciding I looked presentable, and went to head down the stairs, preparing to greet my guests.

Realisation crashed through my mind as I recalled what my mum had said. 'Alpha Aston AND his SON'. That would be Blaze... Dammit has he always been around me this much and I just have never realised it? Cause this is the third day running now. I thwacked myself in the head a few times for being so stupid. I should have expected this, Blaze wants to tell me about us being mates now that I'm sixteen. I altered my direction, and I returned to my bedroom, I snatched my phone from my desk and opened the window, hoisted myself onto the outside ledge before jumping.

Texting Anna as I ran out the back gate I told her that I was going shopping if she wanted to join me, but she had to come alone. I had no idea if she had still been at my house when I left, but I didn't want to risk abandoning her there, while I was out running from my reality temporarily.

I headed towards the nearest shopping mall, slipping through the doors and going to the nearest snack bar. I was starved so after devouring three chocolate donuts and a large frozen coke I went shopping.

I spent two hours dawdling, from store to store, buying a few random things, but not actually paying attention. I had been ignoring my phone for the whole shopping trip. I knew that Anna would just come find me if she wanted me and I didn't want to talk to anyone else. I sighed loudly, and I figured I should probably make my way home. Surely Blaze and the Alpha had left by now, so it should be safe.

I trudged home, swaying my bags around my body absentmindedly. I stomped up the front steps and threw open the door.

"Surprise," a collection of voices called out. I was drowned in a sea of confetti, streamers and glitter that everyone felt was necessary to pelt at me in my confused state.

"Happy Sweet Sixteen Roxy," my parents said in unison. I drew my attention to their smiling faces and grinned back at them both in return. I shifted my eyes and began to take in the assembly of guests gathered in my house. I couldn't help but feel my mood lifting at the sight of my family and friends.

Abruptly that feeling dropped when I took in the sight of the people standing directly next to and around my mum and dad. There was, of course, Gran, Taylor, Anna - who was holding hands with Frankie, Anna's parents - Lola and Chuck, Alpha and Luna Aston and *gasp* Blaze - who was staring me down with confused determination.

I managed to nod around the room at the other guests who consisted of family and pack members. Someone started playing music and people started moving around mingling. I watched as Baydon stalked towards Blaze and dragged him into a secluded corner, I briefly wondered why his wolf was allowing him to be manhandled like that before I was engulfed in the arms of family and friends.

After at least half an hour of well wishes and hugs, I had somehow managed to be standing next to an angry Blaze and an even angrier Baydon.

Blaze abruptly grabbed my hand, looking me straight in the eye and immediately spoke the words I was dreading.

"Roxanne Lei Sparks, I've waited so long to tell you this, and I simply cannot wait a second longer. You are my mate, and I'm excited to start the rest of my life with you, beginning at this moment." His words were so full of love and honesty that I actually hated myself for what I was about to do to him. Ignoring the tremors his touch was pushing throughout my body I said the first thing I could think of.

"No. We are not mates, we were never mates, and we will never be mates. You are remarkably mistaken." I ensured the words I poke were dripping with venom and mockery. I watched as his eyes clouded over with shock, sorrow and heartbreak before he spoke again, softly this time.

"You ARE mine," possessiveness filling his tone, evidence that his wolf was trying to get through.

If I thought I hated myself before, then I had obviously had no idea what would be coming next out of my mouth. Reminding myself mentally that this needed to be done I opened my soft pink lips and let out an evil laugh before following it up with a smirk.

"Maybe I can be yours after I've been everyone elses," and with that, I seized the nearby arm of Baydon and latched my lips onto his in a one-sided kiss filled with fake heat and misguided passion.

I heard a mournful howl coming from Blaze's direction before I started running my hands all over a confused Baydon's chest, moaning to create the image I was actually enjoying it even though my inner wolf was whining and howling in her own heartbreak throughout it all.

Moments later Baydon harshly pushed my away, wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

"What the FUCK was that," he raged at me while I swept the room, looking for any sign of Blaze. He was gone.

I lent forward to whisper in Baydon's ear.

"That was me, saving our pack from any possible, future danger," and with that, I marched away, searching for Anna.

I needed her now more than anything. She was the only one who knew what was doing and why. Blaze's touch had ignited a spark in me that was beginning to roar into a dangerous fire that was threatening to erupt from my body like lava from a volcano. I needed to find her, if I didn't I was going to end up crumbled into a ball on the floor, crying like a baby in front of everyone I knew.

###############################################################################

Soooooooooo

What do you think about the rejection??? Let me know if you liked it or if you would have done it differently.

Thanks for reading

<3

###############################################################################