Chapter Thirty - Seven

~So here is chapter thirty - seven where it is supposed to be, for some reason when I uploaded it it put it after chapter thirty so sorry for any confusion. It's so frustrating cause it would have been confusing and ruined the story for new readers.

A lot of planning had gone into this date, I needed it to be perfect. Something to make up for the mistakes I've made recently and the horrendous way I had treated Emily when she first arrived. Thinking back to those few weeks had me cringing internally. I had treated her so bad, when really she was being thrown into this mating as well. Pushing the dark, negative thoughts to the rear of my mind, I glanced down at myself doing a final check of my attire.

My black shoes shone, my black suit pants were crease free, red button down shirt tucked in, wrinkle free with a black skinny tie, my black suit jacket which I opted to leave unbuttoned completed the look. I was taking Emily out to a fancy, formal dress restaurant, it had been six months since we had decided to give this relationship a chance - obviously starting out as friends. An anniversary I suppose you could call it, and I planned on making it a memorable one.

The soft tap-tapping of high heels on floorboards awoke me from my thoughts and forced me to draw my attention to the staircase at my left. I watched, enraptured, as the beautiful woman before me descended the staircase. She was wearing one of the most stunning dresses I had ever seen. The peacock feather print was colourful, but not overbearing, it was long and flowing in the back but short and tight in the front. It showed some cleavage but not too much.

Those legs that I had come to fantasize about were out on display and I felt a stirring in my wolf as my eyes travelled up and own her body, taking in every inch of her. Since we had accepted that Roxy wasn'tgoing to ever come back to us, my wolf had set his sights on Emily. He accepted that Emily was the best choice to be our mate and Luna. With Alpha blood running through her as well, we would produce strong heirs to the pack. Not to mention mating Emily would extend our land and enlarge our pack family. Don't get me wrong, I cared deeply for Emily and I do love her, but in the beginning it was those reasons that cemented my decision to try and work things out with her.

"Blaze, honey, are you okay? You ready to go?" The sweet sound of Emily's voice filtered in through my ears, releasing me from the deep thoughts I kept drifting into.

"Yeah Emmie, I'm fine. Ready whenever you are, you look absolutely ravishing. Maybe we should just stay here and celebrate?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her shocked face, letting out a slight chuckle as her cheeks flushed pink. I reached out to grab her hand and lead her towards the front door.

"I was kidding baby, let's go out."

Emily let out a sigh of relief before smiling that heartwarming smile in my direction and following me out the door towards the car. Being the gentleman that I am, I held the door open as she settled into her seat. Rounding the car and jumping into the driver's seat, I turned to give Emily a quick kiss before starting the car and heading towards the restaurant.

~

Dinner had been perfect. Conversation between Emily and I had flowed easily all night. From the single red rose on the table, to the soothing background music, the atmosphere provided romance at its best. We were one of the last couples left in the restaurant now, enjoying ourselves so much we hadn't even noticed as everyone left.

"We should go Blaze, I'm sure the staff want to get home." That was Emily, always thinking of everyone else. She is truly a beautiful soul and I was truly lucky to have her in my life. I threw enough money onto the table to cover this evenings expenses and leave a nice tip for the staff. Holding hands we left the building and made our way to the car, with me again being the gentleman. Now was when the min part of my plans would begin.