My Escape

After getting rid of Megan (by telling her I was going to be looking for my mate, which was a lie) I started packing some stuff in a backpack that I would take with me when I became a rogue. I stuffed a 4 or 5 of clothes, some tank tops and shorts. While I grabbed a toothbrush and toothpaste for if I was ever near a river bank. Then I got some deodorant and tampons, because.... well you girls know. That was pretty much it besides my phone, charger,  iPod and headphones. I was ready.

It was maybe 3:40 in the afternoon and I had some time to kill. I wanted to go when it was dark outside so no-one would notice me, they would just think I was letting my wolf out for bit. But then they would sense that I was gone in the morning, maybe they'd go as far as sending out a search party for me.  MAYBE.

But I wouldn't worry about that now. I grabbed some food from the kitchen, put it in my bag and went outside. Today Megan and I would say goodbye. Of course she wouldn't know that but, I guess I just wanted to see her again. She would now always be known as my sister. I would promise myself that now. 

Running over to her house I knocked on the door, she was there in seconds. "Have you found him yet?" I shook my head, "no, so I wanted to talk to you" she huffed, "Clarke! Get back out there and find him!" she tried to push me out the door but I stopped her, "Megan I can't be out their ALL day long I need to rest every once and a while, do you want my mate to see me all sweaty?" she started a giggling fit, "than he would think of you as persistent" I groaned. "you just don't give up do you?" she chuckled, "nope" 

For the next 2 and a half hours we talked about boys, our favorite TV shows (teen wolf, How I Met Your Mother and The 100 of course). Then we watched a movie and ate popcorn before the sun went down and Megan kicked me out of the house to find my mate again. "Go! Hurry up he's waiting for you out there!" she yelled, "okay okay" I put on a fake smile and hugged her really tight, I was so close... so close to letting a tear slip past my lashes 

"Tomorrow your gonna be a different women" Megan sobbed, "and we can do double dates together and to talk more about our boys, stuff like that" I smiled, "tomorrow..." I'm gonna betray you I wanted to say but I held it back, " tomorrow the old me from today is gonna be gone..." literally "and  we can then create new memories" I pulled back, "the me from today is gonna miss you" I hugged her again. Then I grabbed my backpack and left, knowing that Megan was watching my every move. 

Turning the corner into the direction of my house I ran. I ran into the forest and behind a tree. Taking off my clothes I put them into my bag, put it on my shoulders and I changed into my black wolf, where my bag hung tightly under my belly. 

Running deeper and deeper into the forest I lost track of time, I just ran into the deep unknown. Everything would be dark without my wolf vision, but even then did I feel like I couldn't see entirely everything around me. It made me feel unsafe. So I finally entered upon a river where I was able to take a drink, changing into my human I took an apple from my bag and devoured it in just a couple bites. 

I was able to wash off my face and stretch out my legs before changing back into wolf form. Deciding to hold my bag in my mouth, I was about to grab it when I heard something. Turning around I could see the flash of another black wolf, i growled. And then i smelled it, the most wonderful smell in the world. 

Mate!- My wolf Alice screamed in my mind.

And that's when I did it, I ran. Ran from all my troubles. From my rejection. My mate. It hurt me, so bad that I felt as if my heart had been ripped out. But still I kept running.