The End of It All

Its now been a week since I've seen Tamlin, I fear that he will come after me. That all I've worked towards will disappear. He could take me at any moment but hasn't come for me. YET.  The hardest part will be when I go into heat. For weeks I will be at my weakest.

Nothing will compare to the pain I receive then. Now I just wait for it to come. Nobody can stay away from there mate this long without getting heat. I hope that I won't go to Tamlin when that happens cause then the only thing he'll be able to do to stop me from being in heat is to mark me.

Of course I could ask for another rogues help. They would have to tie me down and wait it out. It may take a few days if the bond is strong enough. But that's not likely.

Some have died from the pain. No pills or injections will help. So I need to be healthy and ready for when it comes. And that could be at any moment.

Grabbing my keys, I went to my car (which is a rental BTW).  Then I drove to the best place to prepare for what I was going to experience. The gym. That's where I would get stronger, faster. The first exercise was a treadmill and then i went on the bench press. After that I went into the pool and did 100 laps of the breast stroke, 100 of the butterfly stroke and 100 of the backstroke.

Suddenly there was a figure above me as I resurface from the water. Looking above me,  Tamlin's beta stood before me. His gaze pierced mine, "Clarke, we need to talk"

************************************

Once I got dressed, Bryce took me outside. Probably so nobody would hear us. Sitting down on one of the benches, he sighed. "Clarke I'm going to be honest with you, ever since you left Tamlin has been.... Well... He's been acting up. He gets angry faster, never wants to talk to anyone, he's even sent out some of our best trackers to find you".

"Does that mean that Tamlin knows that I'm here?" Bryce shook his head, "I came by myself and with my own free will. I just thought you should know what was happening before... Before you make your final decision to leave here. For good"

I spoke again, " If he doesn't catch me first, won't he smell me on you? How did you find me anyways?"He smiled, "I have my secrets, you have your". That's when Bryce stood, his hand reaching into his back pocket, "this is to make sure that if you really do want to go then he'd never find you. That's what's best..." That's when he handed me a ticket, a ticket to Germany. "... Just at least think about giving him a chance. Promise me." I nodded, "he's lucky to have you as your beta"

Before leaving I gave Bryce a hug, "thank you" he returned my hug, "I hope you'll be happy there" that's when I felt it, a searing pain stomach. I was in heat. Before I could really comprehend what was happening, my head hit the floor.

You guys are lucky that I love you so much! I even updated on my b-day.