Unwanted Revenge

Clarke's POV

I knew what he was going to do. And it wasn't going to be good. That poem he sang, it was for me. Describing me.

I'm not asking for a crown,

For I have worn one made of thorns before.

THAT WAS ALL ME. I have never wanted to be a royal because I have had many bad incidents with the King and Queen.

That was when I was brought down,

When people lost faith and built a barrier.

That was after my dad died. I lost hope. I lost everything.

Friends were strangers, hopes dead

Soon I became depraved and unwanted.

As a werewolf my village knew what my dad had done. How he went against the King. My friends never talked to me again.

Dark but whole, broken but sane

And when all love was lost,

The need to rise again triggered the man within.

I wanted to go against the King. I wanted to kill him. To show how I could be known again.

The wait was over,

It was time to let the strength of will battle against the fear of defeat.

Once I'd planned out the Kings death he died. Poison. Someone beat me to it.

I struggled, got crumbled

Was knocked down, but never out

That's when I tried to regain my family's name. Neighbors spit on my shoes and beat me up when I walked home but I didn't care, for I had felt worse.

When the dust settled, it was me standing tall

I conquered my fears

I rose against the evil.

Tamlin became my mate, I've  learned to except my fate. My father hasn't haunted me anymore, I became free.

I am not a King

But I rule....I rule in your kingdom.

I am not a King but I am a Queen, I am a royal. I rule a kingdom, I rule over everyone. Just like I wanted to. To make everyone pay for what they let me go through. But instead of me getting revenge, it was Tamlin. He was going to kill the solders that murdered my dad. And I was grateful for that.

He wasn't involved in anything that I've gone through but he still decided to stand next to me, to regain my family's name. Maybe I could trust him after all. Maybe he really did care for me. MAYBE.