Hanging On

*Bryce's POV*

Clarke was crying, begging for me to do something. "Help me" her voice was near a whisper. Her face was covered in sweat and her body was probably about 110 degrees. "I'm gonna go get more icy water okay?" She grabbed my hand, "please don't leave me" that's when I gave her a reassuring smile, "never".

Grabbing a bowl I brought it downstairs with me and turned on the faucet, leaving the bowl in the sink while I grabbed some ice from the freezer. Suddenly I heard a growl behind me, his aura was dark and wild. Tamlin was breathing hard, his eyes black and hair all over the place, but that's not what frightened me. It was the dark rings under his eyes, he looked thin and frail. He was pry on the verge of collapsing.

"Where is she?" His voice was strained, "upstairs. But I don't know if she wants you up there. That will only make it worse and you know that. She doesn't want to be marked." Tamlin's claws extended, "do not order me around! I may do as I please" I moved to the side, giving him room to walk up the stairs, "be my guest but if she hates you afterwards you can't say that i didn't tell you so"

Pushing me out of the way he didn't say anything, nothing would change his mind now.

*Tamlin's POV*

When I went into the room I swear that I almost cried, Clarke was laying in the bed, the covers thrown on the floor, she only wore a sports bra and some basketball shorts. Did I do this to her? Yes. If I'd been nicer to her than maybe she would of stayed at the castle.

I could hear Bryce come up behind me, "she's been like this all day". Suddenly I grabbed the collar of his shirt and banged him against the wall, " how did you find her?" He seemed pretty calm and shrugged his shoulders, "dude your pretty much in as bad of shape as she is, look at yourself. Not once have you eaten. You barely come out of your office and you've nearly killed Gabby and Ella."

That's when I let him go, turning around I sat next to Clarke, clutching her hand, " I don't know what to do" my voice was quiet. Bryce leaned forward a bit, he pry didn't even hear me, but she did. "You need to leave" that's when I looked up and Clarke opened her eyes.