Accepting Fate

Tamlin's POV

I was going to make those soldiers pay. They hurt her father, they killed him right in front of her and laughed. How had I let that happen? Maybe I was the cruel person that she thought I was. I needed to make it up to her. Prove to her that I'm not a cold, selfish bastard. 

Knocking on Brice's door, he was there in a good five seconds. "I need the paperwork from a few years ago on Clarke's dads death. Who killed him and if their still alive?" Brice nodded, "I'll get to it this afternoon" I growled, "get to it now" his eyes widened before he kneeled before me, "yes my King"

The next thing I needed to do was take a run, no was in hell would I be calm without letting my wolf out for a few minutes, of course I wouldn't give him full control or else he would kill every man in sight just to make sure that Clarke was avenged. But before I could make it outside she was in front of me, she looked scared. "Tamlin don't do anything okay? They were just following the Kings orders, if they didn't then they would be the ones dead right now" she looked sad as she said this but her voice was firm. Closing my eyes I could feel my wolf trying to get out, "little angel I cannot let my mate go unavenged,  that should prove that I am only loyal to you. "

Clarke's POV

Tamlin's wolf was out, his eyes were dark, almost black.  "Tomas its okay. I'm here and I'm safe, they don't matter anymore" he looked as if he was struggling with something, as if he was struggling with himself. Tamlin was probably trying to be in control again. "Than what does matter?" Taking a deep breath I knew that I shouldn't say what I was about to but...I needed to get him to calm down, "you Tomas. You matter and I know that it sounds cheesy and that you aren't the romantic type but I've finally accepted you. Fully accepted you. I don't care if you don't feel the same way and I don't care if you think that I'm lying because I'm not. And that's what really counts" that's when I kissed him. Kissed him to show that I really meant it. To show MYSELF that I really meant it.  But what surprised me most was that he kissed me back.

Closing my eyes I put my arms around his neck, he held me by the waist we kissed. Never had I felt so happy in my life. In that twenty two seconds of pure happiness I didn't feel broken or scared or as if I needed to run away because I was with my other half. I was with Tamlin. And for now...that's all I needed.