Healing

Waking up the next morning, it took a while for me to realize what had happened. Tamlin had raped me. My MATE had raped me. Looking around I found that Tamlin was at the entrance of the cave, he wore no clothes and his hair was a mess. Turning towards me he frowned, backing myself into the corner I felt more protected.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he whispered, making sure not to get too close to me. "Why?" it was a one word question, it was all I needed to say. "I didn't want to do that, you have to believe me. Every Prince, every King, every male in my family goes through this. It's not anything we can control or defeat. I tried to warn you but were prevented from saying anything, literally. It's like a spell has been brought upon us and.......and I'm so so sorry..." he breathed, "It was as if I was looking through a glass barrier, I could see........I could see all the things I was doing to you and I wanted to stop it but...I wasn't strong enough. I screamed at my wolf to let you go!" Tears ran down his cheek, "I screamed at him to stop you from getting hurt. To see how much pain you were in!" 

"Stop!" I said suddenly, "I don't want to hear anymore. I.......I'm still gonna have to get used to this and process it, meaning that I need to be away from you for awhile. Until I can trust you again." He nodded, "whatever you need" then he got up and just before he left he said, "there are some clothes near the tree right here and you can get back okay?" I nodded, "I love you Clarke" then he dissapeared.