Flashbacks

For the next few days I stayed in my room, alone. Every few hours a maid would come in just to give me food and water. Nothing more. I was still trying to process what he had done to me. Why he had done it. What did he mean when he said that he couldn't control it? That it had happened to all of the male royals? Once I was ready I would ask him for the FULL story.

Just then I heard a knock on the door. "Can I home in?" It was Eli. I knew she would end up getting in my room one way or another so I just said. "Sure"

When she entered her face was full of sorrow, "I'm sorry Clarke but I was kept from telling you. Literally. Just like Tamlin couldn't tell you either. Just like Brice won't be able to tell his mate when he'd ready." I sighed, "why? Why did this happen?"

Sitting down next to me she grabbed my hand, "it was a story between our  Moon Goddess and Hades. Hades didn't believe that the mates bond was that strong and wanted to break it between every wolf in the world. The moon Goddess found out about it and challenged Hades to try to stop it from happening, so he did. He made it so that every Royal boy would have to force the bond onto their mate, to see if they still both loved each other, to test us. And he failed. And has failed for years, so the Moon Goddess kept that rule for the boys just so that nobody would try to touch and mess with us again."

Once she finished all was quiet. I was trying go think. "So he really was telling the truth?" She nodded, "you should of heard him before he left into the woods to wait for you. He looked so sad. As if the world was ending. And he kept asking if I thought that you'd forgive him"

Tears were in my eyes, "you mean that?"

"Of course I do"

Suddenly I got out of bed, changing into new clothes as fast as possible. "Where are you going?" She questioned, "to forgive him" I ran out the door.

......................................................................

Rushing down the stairs I was able to get to Tamlins office. Going through the door I froze. Papers were all over the floor. Pieces of wood were scattered across the room. Tamlin was just sitting at his desk, unaware of my presence. His eyes were dark, almost black, his hair was super messy and tangled. "Tamlin" I spoke, he jumped out of his seat, "Clarke?" I nodded. Running to him I was happily caught in his arms, "I'm sorry Clarke. I'm so so sorry!" I sniffled, "I forgive you. I'll always forgive you"