Chapter 9

We didn't do anything at school today. We mostly watched movies and documentaries and talked and stuff like that. When I got home, that was when it started to become fun.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Aidan sitting on my porch swing and Anna making a snow angel in my front yard. "Hey, Charlotte." Aidan says, smiling. Aidan looks so hot with his dark blue beanie and dark blue gloves. His nose and cheeks are pink from the cold.

Anna looks adorable with her light pink gloves and white scarf. Her face is redder from playing in the snow.

"Hey...Aidan...Anna... Why are you guys here?" I ask, slowly walking up my porch.

"Do you want to come with us to the park? Anna wants to roll down the snow covered hills." Aidan responds.

"Sure. You want to come in for a few while I put my stuff up?"

"Sure." Aidan and Anna follow me inside. I put my stuff in my room and put my cream colored beanie on with my black gloves. I walk back out, smiling slightly. "Ready?" I nod and we go out to Aidan's car.

When we get to the hills, Aidan and I sit at one of the picnic tables while Anna rolls down the hill. "You look so adorable." Aidan says, smiling and looking at me with warm eyes. Warm eyes that make me feel warm. I blush and look away from him.

"Why do you do this to me?" I ask, smiling a little.

"Do what?"

"Tell me things that aren't entirely true so you can see me blush."

"I tell you the whole truth with everything. Besides, you're adorable while you're blushing." I blush harder. Aidan slowly grabs my chin and turns my head so I'm looking at him. My heart starts beating harder at the soft gaze he's staring at me with. "Do you not believe you're adorable?" I blush harder and try to look away but he keeps my head facing him. "You're so adorable. So cute. So...beautiful." He mumbles the last word but I understand it.

"Beautiful?" He blushed slightly or maybe it's the cold. He nods anyway.

"Of course." I didn't realize our faces were getting closer until our noses were touching and our lips only inches apart. I start to pull away but Aidan puts hand on my cheek. "Please don't move away. I won't kiss you but I love looking at you this close." My heart starts beating faster and I blush but don't move away. His hand caresses my cheek. "Your cheeks are hot."

"...I know." He smiles.

"Do you trust me?" He asks.

"Yeah...Why?"

"Have I convinced you that I actually like you?" I shrug.

"...I wouldn't know if you actually liked me."

"What do you mean?"

"...I wouldn't know if I actually liked you."

"You don't understand how you feel?"

"How anyone feels. I think I start to understand how they feel but...then I turn out to be wrong."

"I know how you feel...I used to think I didn't understand how people felt after my mom... Is there anything I can do to help you with feelings?"

"I don't know, Aidan." I pull away from his hand and turn to face Anna, who is about to roll down the hill again. He grabs my gloved hand and squeezes.

"I'll just continue to tell you I like you until you know." I turn to look at him and he smiles at me. "I like you so much, Charlotte. I've had other girlfriends and I've never felt like this before. It's something different that I don't understand."