Chapter 14

"Aidan?" I ask, feeling him play with my hair. I'm supposed to be helping him with some kind of thing for work but I don't think he's actually listening since he's been playing with my hair for the last twenty minutes. "Hm?" He asks, twirling a piece of my hair in his fingers.

"What are we?" That gets him to stop. He turns me around so we're facing each other.

"I was going to ask you officially soon. I just didn't know when we would be a good time."

"So...?"

"Will you be my girlfriend, officially?" I smile and nod.

"Of course, Aidan." He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head.

"Hey, Aidan-" Anna opens the door and then smirks, blushing slightly. I untangle myself from Aidan, blushing hard.

"What do you want?" Aidan asks, obviously trying to make her leave.

"I was just coming to tell you that Aunt Linda is coming over today."

"What? She was just here like two days ago."

"She says she has something to tell us." Aidan sighs and rubs his face.

"Alright. Thanks." Anna nods and then smirks again.

"I'll leave. You two can get back to whatever you were doing." I blush again.

"You know she only does it to embarrass you." Aidan says. I groan and nod. "You're so adorable." He says, wrapping his arms around me again. I blush again and turn my head away from him but I don't pull away. I turn to look at him just as he's pushing me back onto his bed. I start blushing even harder as he hovers above me.

"Aidan!" I whine. He laughs and kisses my forehead.

"What?" He kisses my right cheek.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He kisses my left cheek.

"Because I love seeing you blush." He kisses my nose.

"Well, I blush very often so you don't have to do this." He kisses both the corners of my lips. "Now, you're just teasing me." I mumble and he smirks before kissing my chin. I get tired of it and grab his face, pushing my lips onto his. He's obviously surprised because he doesn't kiss back for a split second but then he smirks against my lips.

"Woah." He mutters as I pull away. I blush and he looks at me. "I never expected you to do that." I smile and move my head so a curtain of hair covers my face. He grabs my chin and pull my head up and moves the hair out of my face. "You're so adorable. I love having you here." I smile, which widens his smile.

"It's always fun here."

"You're always fun." He kisses my lips again and rests his forehead on mine. "I'm so glad you gave me a chance even after you learned about my past." I smile and kiss his lips.

"I trust you won't hurt me." He smiles and hugs me tightly.

"Not ever..." He mumbles into my hair. We hear another knock on the door.

"Charlie? It's Jeanine." I push away from Aidan so fast and hard that I fall off the bed.

"Oh my god. Charlotte? Are you okay?" I could tell Aidan was trying his hardest not to laugh at me. I huff and grab onto Aidan's stretched out hand, pulling myself up. I open the door and Jeanine looks at me, confused. "Hey, Jeanine." I force a smile. "What's up?"

"Your Dad wants you home so you can help us pick the house. We've narrowed it down to three." I frown and nod.

"I'll be there in a second." She smiles and leaves. I pull my boots on and grab my jacket.

"I have no idea what you're going through but I'm sure it'll get better." Aidan says, grabbing both of my hands. "I'll see you later." He kisses my lips.

"See you later, Aidan." He watches me leave his house and go to mine. "I'm home!" I call, taking off my shoes by the front door so I won't track snow in.

"Kitchen!" Dad calls back. I walk into the kitchen and sit down across from Dad and Jeanine. "Here. These are the houses we're looking at." Dad says, handing me a short stack of papers. I skim through all of them.

"They're all nice but why are they all three bedrooms? You're not having a baby...right...?" They chuckle and nod.

"We just want an extra room in case of anything." Jeanine says. "But which one do you like the most?"

"I think this one." I tell them, handing over the papers of a brick house with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. "I've always liked brick houses and the yard looks nice."

"You and your dad are so much alike." Jeanine mutters, causing Dad and I to smile at each other. "I'll the realtor and schedule a time for us to go see the house before we agree to get it."

"Okie dokie." Dad said, standing up from the table.

"Hey, Dad, can I borrow the car? I want to do my Christmas shopping."

"You're not going alone."

"Well, then, can I take one of my friends?"

"Go ahead." I smile and grab my phone.

Me:

Christmas shopping? Anyone?

Jade:

Can't. I'm out already.

Lewis:

Same.

It took me a second to realize they were probably on a date together.

Luna:

I already went with Henry.

Rea:

I'll go. I need to get out of this house. Pick me up in 5.

I respond with okay and pull my shoes and jacket on. "Dad, Jeanine, Rea and I are going shopping! Be back in a while!"

"Okay. Have fun!" Jeanine calls.

"Be careful!" Dad says. I grab the car keys and get in the car. I notice Aidan's aunt's car in the driveway and then I see them all in living room, playing a card game. Aidan notices me and smiles, winking. I blush slightly and drive to Rea's. "Hey." I say as she sits down in the passenger seat.

"Hey." She mumbles. I start driving again.

"What's wrong?"

"Dylan texted me earlier."

"And?" I ask when she didn't continue. I look at her for a split second to see some tears rolling down her cheeks. "What happened?"

"He sent me a f***ing break up text! A text! He didn't wait to see me in person! He just...!" She groaned in frustration. "I hate him! I absolutely hate him!"

"It's alright. He isn't worth your time." She nods and wipes her tears.

"I'm more angry than sad." I nod. "I'm not going to date anyone until after college."

"What do you plan on doing all of the schooling?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I've always wanted to be a fashion designer. I've made most of my clothes.

"I would buy all of your clothes." She smiles.

"What about you?"

"I've always wanted to own my own restaurant, preferably a small cafe but I'll be fine with anything."

"I would be your first loyal customer." I smile at her and we arrive at the stores.