Chapter 21

Waking up in an unknown place in only a shirt, a shirt that isn't even yours, is the one of the scariest things in the world. When I open my eyes, I find myself in a dark room. The only light is the sunlight seeping through the curtains. I notice the dress from yesterday is laying on the floor. Okay! What happened yesterday?

I was drinking and talking with Aidan. I remember him taking my drink away and giving me a water and that's it.

I slowly get out of the bed and find myself in only a shirt that ends at the top of my thigh. I open the door and look around the small apartment, looking for anyone. The front door swings open and in walks Aidan with two coffees and a bag in his hands. I feel my eyes widen and myself blush when I realize I probably look like trash. "Good morning, Charlotte."

"Morning..."

"How are you feeling?" I shrug.

"I just have a headache. Can you tell me what happened last night?"

"Do you actually want to know or let it remain a mystery?"

"Well, was it good or bad?" He shrugs.

"You're probably going to be embarrassed." I shudder and blush.

"Okay. Don't tell me. I don't want to be anymore embarrassed." He laughs.

"I won't tell you. Rea brought you some clothes and another pair of shoes," He hands me the bag. "Oh, and I got you a coffee." He hands me the coffee.

"Okay. Thank you. Where's your bathroom?" He points to a door.

"The towels are in the cabinet. You can use anything you like. I'm sure Anna won't mind, which reminds me, she'll be home in about ten minutes. She's looking forward to seeing you again." I smile and blush slightly before I go to the bathroom.

As I walk out of the bathroom all cleaned up and dressed, I get trampled by someone. "Charlie!" I smile when I realize who it is and hug her back.

"Hey, Anna!" While I'm hugging her, I realize she's a little taller than me. I pull away so I can see her. "You...look so grown up! How are you taller than me?" She laughs.

"It runs in the family. Our parents were tall." I smile.

"Shortness runs in my family, obviously. How old are you?"

"Seventeen. Just turned seventeen."

"Happy late birthday." She chuckles.

"Thank you." She says, dramatically. "Anyway, Charlie, you still owe me a shopping day."

"It's been five years and you still haven't forgotten?"

"Nope. So guess what we're doing today? Shopping! Aidan, we need to borrow the car." Anna says, turning around to face Aidan, who is sitting on the couch, watching TV. He nods, not taking his eyes off the screen. I notice my bag on the counter by the door and grab it before Anna and I walk outside.

After helping Anna pick out clothes and her trying them on, we decided to go get Taco Bell. "So, how was the reception?" She asks, smirking.

"Good, I assume. I didn't stay the whole time."

"Yeah, you came home with Aidan. Why?" I blush when I realize what she's thinking.

"I am officially uncomfortable talking about this with you."

"Will you at least tell me if you're back together?"

"We're not. But then again we haven't really talked about it."

"Then what did you do last night?"

"I was only at your house because I was drunk and Aidan didn't want me to go with Rea." Anna's phone starts ringing and she groans, reading the caller ID.