Chapter 22

I feel my bed dip and then I'm being shook. I groan and rub my face with my hands. "Charlotte?" I hear someone ask. I groan and open my eyes slightly. Aidan smiles at me with his shiny white teeth.

"What?" I groan and turn away from him.

"Let's get started on your cafe." He says, quietly. I shake my head and groan again.

"I just want to sleep, man." He laughs slightly and grabs my hands, pulling me up into a sitting position. "Aidan." He laughs again and pulls me out of bed. "Why do you want to go so badly?"

"I want to do something because I'm bored and I also want to be with you." I narrow my eyes at him and then roll them. I start pushing him out of my room.

"Get out. I have to get dressed."

"What if I want to watch?" I blush and smile shyly.

"Too bad." I close the door behind him and grab a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I pull my hair into a ponytail and put just a little makeup on. I put my socks on and grab my phone and walk out of my room. I see Aidan leaning against the wall next to my door, smiling. "Why are you just standing there?" I ask, walking past him and slipping my boots on.

"I was waiting for you." I roll my eyes, opening the front door.

"Let's just go. Bye, Rea, Lindy!" I hear them yell bye and then we walk out of the apartment.

"I took Anna to school so I got the car and now we don't have to walk."

"But walking is literally the only thing keeping me in shape."

"I have to disagree with that statement. You definitely eat healthy and that's a big part in staying in shape."

"How do you know I eat healthy?" He shrugs and unlocks his car.

"I just do."

I unlock the cafe and notice the boxes of furniture and decorations laying around. "You got everything?" I ask, turning to face him. He nods and smiles. "How?"

"I have my ways. So, what are we starting with?" He asks, turning the lights on. I walk over to one of the boxes and attempt to tear the tape off. "Here." Aidan says, handing me pair of scissors. I say thanks and cut it open. Inside are a few of the chairs that I bought.

"We're not starting with the chairs...Where are the tables?" I mutter, opening all of the boxes until I find the tables. "I bought six of these for the inside and three for the outside. They shouldn't be too hard to set up." He nods and grabs the top and the bottom of the table.

"Alright. Do we just...?" He asks, obviously confused. I smile slightly.

"It screws." I tell him, grabbing some for myself and showing him. He nods, understanding and doing it himself. "Do you want to do these while I start with putting up some of the decorations?" He nods and continues what he's doing.

My phone starts ringing as I finish putting up half of the decorations. "Hey, Dad." I answer, laying down tablecloths on the finished tables.

"Hey, honey. I was just calling to ask how you were doing."

"I'm fine. How are you and Jeanine?"

"We're both good. When you see Luna, could you tell her we're sorry we couldn't come?"

"I told her already. But I'll send you guys pictures. It was such a beautiful ceremony."

"I bet it was. So, when are you opening your cafe?"

"Soon, hopefully. I'm working on the decorations right now while Aidan is..." That's when I notice Aidan hanging up the things that are too high for my reach. "Aidan is helping me." He turns back and smiles at me.

"Aidan...Aidan James? The boy you dated when we lived there?" I nod.

"Yes. That's the one."

"Andy! Can you come help me?" I hear Jeanine shout in the background. I laugh slightly.

"Yeah! I love you, Charlie. Have a good day!"

"Love you, too, Dad. Bye." I hang up and turn around into Aidan's chest. "Aidan!" I whine. "Why are you standing so close?"

"I was waiting for you to get off the phone. I'm hungry. Does the stove work?" He asks.

"Of course it does. I just don't have anything to make anything. Let's just go out."

"But I want to spend time with you alone." I roll my eyes. "Can you cook us something at my house?"

"Sure...Come on."

When we get to his house, I look through the fridge for something to cook for lunch. "What do you want?"

"I want something that you're going to have at your cafe."

"Well, I'm going to have deserts, sandwiches, muffins, waffles, and pancakes. Probably more."

"Pancakes."

"Pancakes?" He nods. "For lunch?" He nods again and I stare at him for a second before shrugging and start making pancakes.

"What is your favorite kind of pancake?"

"Plain pancakes with glazed strawberries on top and strawberry syrup."

"Basically strawberry pancakes." I nod and smile.

"Basically, yeah. What's yours?"

"Plain chocolate chip pancakes."

After we finish eating the pancakes, we sit down on the couch and watch TV together. Aidan's sitting with his back against the arm of the couch and my back is laying against his chest, his arms wrapped around my body. "Move in with me..." He whispers in my ear. I frown and turn my head around to look at him.

"Aidan..."

"Please, Charlotte...I lost you for five years and I finally have you back." I sigh and look away from him.

"Aidan, moving in together is such a big step and to provide for three people is more difficult than providing for two."

"We'll have money coming from you and me so that'll be easier to provide for all three of us."

"How would Anna feel if I move in?"

"Excited! She loves you." I nod, knowing he's right about that.

"But..." I trail off, thinking and rubbing my arm with my hand. He turns me around so I'm facing him.

"But?" He asks, still a little confused on why I'm not agreeing.

"But what if something happens to us? Like we get into a major fight?"

"We won't get into major fight, definitely minor arguments, but nothing major. What's the real reason? Do you still not trust me enough or...?"

"No, no, no, Aidan. I trust you, it's just we've only been together a few days. It just feels like every thing is happening really fast..." Nodding, he squeezes my shoulders lightly.

"Okay but will you at least spend the night with me tonight? I don't want to let you go today." I smile and hesitantly nod. "Great!" He kisses me, excitedly.

"I love you, Aidan, I really do." I whisper to him, which takes him by surprise slightly. "I don't want you to think I don't because I won't move in with you." He smiles softly and kisses the side of my head.

"I know you do. I love you, too, Charlotte. I'll get you to move in eventually." I smile and wrap my arms around him.

"You probably will..." I mutter and I hear him snicker.