Chapter 15

^^^Charlotte's Party Outfit^^^

"Keep the door open!" I hear my dad call. I look up, confused, but then Aidan walks in.

"Oh, that's why." I mumble, closing my laptop.

"That's why what?" He asks, crawling onto my bed with me.

"Why I heard Dad say keep the door open. What are you doing here?" I ask as he settles down next to me.

"I came to see my girlfriend. Is there something wrong with that?" I smile and he kisses the top of my head. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing really...just working."

"On what?" I shrug.

"Nothing of importance." He rolls his eyes. "Where's Anna?"

"It's Monday, remember? Linda went to take her to do girl things."

"It's Monday, already?" He nods. "Today is that stupid party, isn't it?" He nods again. I groan and put my head down.

"You really don't want to go?" I nod. "Why?"

"Because I hate parties. I absolutely hate them."

"I'll be there if that makes you feel better." I roll my eyes.

"Jade's picking me up in an hour and we're all meeting at Rea's, where Luna and Rea are going to get me ready. I can't tell my dad where I'm going either. I'll be spending the night at Rea's with all of them because Rea's parents aren't going to be home for a week."

"Everything will be fine. You'll have your friends and I there with you."

"Parties always include alcohol and drama." Aidan chuckles at my statement and kisses me.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay."

"Alright."

Jade:

Alrighty! Who am I picking up?

Lewis:

Us

Me:

Me

Jade:

So everyone? Pick you up in 30. Charlie's first

We all responded with yes and I climbed over Aidan to get off my bed. "What are you doing?" Aidan asks, standing up.

"I have to pack pajamas and my charger. Rea's lending me clothes for the party because she doesn't trust my wardrobe." Aidan laughs and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'll see you at the party." He kisses me before leaving, leaving me blushing slightly.

"Bye, Dad! See you tomorrow!" I call through the house just before I leave.

"Ready?" Jade asks as I get in the car. I nod and she starts driving to Lewis and Luna's. "Question before we pick them up. When should Lewis and I tell Rea and Luna? I mean- I love sneaking around because it always give a thrill but I'm starting to feel like Lewis feels like I'm ashamed of us."

"Well, have you talked to him?" She nods.

"I'm not the best at relationships. It's one of the reasons I love being friends with Luna because she knows everything about it and all of us go to her for advice."

"Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Have you discussed when you should tell everyone with him?"

"I have and he says he's ready to tell everyone."

"Are you ready?" She shrugs.

"I don't know...I want to make him happy and I want us to continue but I love the thrill of sneaking around."

"I'm not the best at this either but I think it's about time to tell everyone. You've sneaking around for what? Three years? I think it's about time." She nods, biting her thumb nail.

"You're right." Lewis and Luna get into the back when we pull up.

"Rea! We're here!" Jade calls as we walk into Rea's house.

"I'm in the shower! Be out in a second!" We all make our way up to her room and Luna starts on my hair and makeup.

"You aren't coming anywhere near my head. I've already done my makeup and hair." Jade says. Luna rolls her eyes and continues to curl my hair a bit.

"You do know I can do my own hair and makeup."

"Shh! Just let me!" I shut up for the rest of the time.

I walk out of the bathroom, completely ready and they all smile and compliment me. "Aidan's going to be too scared to leave you alone." Rea says, smiling.

"Huh?" I ask.

"You're going to attract many boys so he better stay by you at all times." Luna says. I smile and blush.

"I hate parties." I mutter loud enough for them to hear me in the loud car. I hear Rea chuckle.

"Stop complaining, Charlie." Luna scolds.

"I hate them as well." Henry says, followed by a scolding by Luna. We picked Henry up and now Luna has to sit on his lap.

"If I hear anyone else complain, I'm going to throw a temper tantrum and embarrass you all." We all laugh at Luna's threat.

I groan when Jade parks in front of the house. You can already hear the horrible music from outside and there are red plastic cups littered on the ground. I can see people dancing and drinking through the windows. "Come on! Out! Out! Out!" Luna cheers. I reluctantly get out of Jade's car.

I follow Rea inside and we push our way through the crowds. "I'm going to look for Aidan!" I shout over the loud music and she nods. I push through the people to get to the kitchen but I didn't find him there. I was already sweating from being stuck in this huge crowd of sweaty people.

I groan and continue pushing through to get to the upstairs. Maybe he got tired of the loud music and is waiting in a bedroom? I open all of the bedroom doors but all I see are couples making out. I probably look like a cherry because I'm so embarrassed on walking in on them. Maybe he's not here, yet? I shrug and hang my head, pushing to go out to the backyard.

Then I see him in the pool...pushing himself against some girl and a can of beer in his other hand. Everything stops. My heart stops. My heart brain stops. My hearing is numbed so I can no longer hear anything. I feel my whole heart just shatter and tears start streaming down my face. I go back inside and find Jade's bright red hair and Lewis's dark green hair in the crowd and push my way to them. "Charlie?" Jade asks, noticing me and rushing towards me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Charlie, what's wrong?" Lewis asks, coming over. I cry harder and hug Jade tighter.

"H-He che-cheated!" I sob into her shoulder.

"Aidan...cheated?" Lewis asks. I nod. "Take her out to the car and I'll gather everyone else." Jade nods and wraps her arm around my shoulder and takes me outside to her car. She sets me in the back and stays by me until Lewis comes out with Henry, Luna, and Rea following.

When we get back to Rea's, we all lay down on her floor, our heads are together but no ones looking at each other and I'm still sobbing with Rea's and Luna's hands in mine. I find myself crying myself asleep.