Chapter 19

Rea:

When are you leaving, Charlie?

Me:

About half an hour

Jade:

We'll be there in ten

I sigh and pull my hair into a messy bun before walking out of my room with the last box. "Just put that box in the backseat, Charlie." Dad says as I walk outside. "We don't have anymore room in the trunk. That's the last one right?" I nod and place it in its spot.

"Charlie, can you drive my car? Your dad and I have to sort things out." Jeanine asks me, handing me the keys. I nod and take them. "There aren't many boxes in mine and you just have to follow us."

"Yeah, okay." I sigh and nod my head. Jeanine puts her hands on my shoulders and squeezes.

"Charlie, everything will be fine. You'll only be living with us for a little less than a year and then you can come back here, okay?" I nod and force a smile.

"Okay..." Jeanine smiles and looks behind me.

"You have a couple visitors." She says and walks back inside the house. I turn around to see Aidan and Anna walking towards me.

"Hey.." I say before Anna throws her arms around me.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Charlie." She whispers into my shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you, too. But you have my phone number if you absolutely need me and so does Aidan, okay?" She nods and squeezes me before letting me go. She steps away and Aidan comes closer.

"Thank you, again, for last night. It really meant a lot to me." He says.

"Me too. I really appreciate it." We smile at each other.

"Well, Charlotte, I'm going to miss you. But I'm sure you'll be back." He holds his hand out for me to shake but I just look at it before looking back up at him. I lean up and kiss his cheek.

"I'm going to miss you, too." I mutter before pulling away. I notice pink on his cheeks and smile to myself. I hear Jade's car and turn around just as Luna hugs me.

"I so saw that, Charlie." She whispers into my ear, squeezing me. I feel myself blush and smile.

"I assumed you did." I whisper back. She laughs softly and pulls away from me.

"We've only known each other for a short while but you're one of my best friends and I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I'm going to miss you and your cute awkwardness." I laugh softly.

"Okay, move, Luna. My turn." Rea says, pushing Luna out of the way.

"You know there's a cute little place for sale. You can make your dream into a reality and make a coffee shop." Rea says, hugging me.

"I know...I'll be back for it." We both smile.

"I'll keep people from buying it." I laugh slightly.

"And how would you do that?" She shrugs.

"I'll think of something." I laugh softly again and Jade comes between us, hugging me.

"Thank you for not telling anyone." She whispers.

"Rea knows...but I swear I didn't tell her." Jade laughs.

"I knew someone would've caught on but I honestly thought it would've been Luna."

"When are you going to tell Luna?"

"I don't know." She breathes. "Soon and don't expect Luna not to blow up your phone about it when we tell her." I smile.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Jade smiles.

"I'm definitely going to miss you." She says.

"I'm going to miss you and your little love story, too." She blushed slightly and pulls away. Then I realize that Lewis isn't here. "Where's Lewis?" I ask them.

"Mom grounded him because she caught him sneaking out so now he can't leave the house but he did tell me to tell you that he loves you and misses you." Luna says. I see Jade blush and rub the back of her neck out of the corner of my eye.

"Charlie, it's time to go!" Dad calls from by his car. I nod and head to my car, waving at them as I get in the driver's seat. Aidan's face is still a bit red from what I can see. Did I actually make him blush just by kissing his cheek? If he would've did that to you, you would be the same way! I smile and follow after Dad and Jeanine, looking through the mirror to see them all still watching my car.

I may have been here for a short time but I still made very good friends. I'm going to miss them all but I'll be back and when I'm back, I'm never leaving.