Chapter 13

~Charlie's POV~

"Are you serious?! Why didn't you tell any of us?!" Luna asks, surprised. I just told them all about Aidan and I.

"It's not that serious...It's not like we're dating, or at least I don't think we are." I mutter.

"What? You don't think you are?!" Rea asks.

"We haven't really discussed what we are. We just talk, hold hands, and kiss."

"You need to talk with him. He may think you are dating." Jade says.

"I don't really know if I want to have a boyfriend right now. I'm fine with where we are."

"But if he thinks you're dating and you don't think you're dating, he's going to be hurt. You just need to ask him." Luna says.

"What if I hurt him by asking him?"

"He won't be hurt by you asking."

"I don't have the confidence to ask him." I mutter.

"I-" Rea starts but Lewis stops her.

"No, no one's asking for her. If you ask him then he'll go ask Charlie about it and we all know you can't lie so you'll tell him the truth and he'll be hurt you didn't ask him directly." He says. I groan and nod.

"You're right. I'll ask him later." I get up off my bed and head for the door. "You guys want to order pizza? My dad left me money."

"Of course!" Jade says, jumping up. We go to the kitchen and order the pizza. I notice the papers for houses laying on the counter and then mentally groan as Rea picks a piece up.

"What is this?" Everyone turns to look at the paper in her hands and then at me. I finish ordering the pizza and turn away from them.

"...My dad got a new job six hours away." No one said anything for a minute and then Jade opens her mouth.

"When?" She asks.

"1-2 weeks."

"When were you going to tell us?" Rea asks.

"I just found out yesterday. I didn't know when or how to tell you guys."

"Does...Does Aidan know?" Luna asks.

"I told him yesterday when he realized something was wrong."

"What did he say?"

"A long-distance relationship..."

"Well, we'll all still be friends. You're apart of us now. No turning back." Jade says, punching my shoulder gently. I smile and we all group hug.

The pizza arrives about an hour later. We all sit in the living, eating pizza, watching TV. As I'm putting my plate on the table, I notice Lewis and Jade secretly holding hands. I smile and turn back to the TV. They're so cute!

"Luna, where's Henry?" Rea asks, turning to look at her.

"He had to go visit his grandparents. But we're going shopping together tomorrow. What about Dylan?"

"He, uh, asked me if we could take a break." Rea mumbles, looking down at her hands.

"What? Why?" Luna asks.

"He said he didn't want to be smothered... Have I really been smothering him?"

"No, of course you aren't. We barely ever see you two together and you rarely text him."

"Well, then, why does he say I'm smothering him?"

"Because he's a butt." I tell her. Someone knocks on the door as we talk about Dylan. "I'll be back." I mumble, standing up and walking to the door. Aidan is standing there, smiling and all bundled up to keep warm. "Hey. Do you want to come in?" I ask, opening the door wider.