Take me back to the old days

Present Day: June 2016

I stare at my clock, blaming my insomnia for keeping me up this late.

5:30 a.m

You're probably thinking, what's she doing at 5:30 a.m?

Well I'll tell you buddy; absolutely nothing.

The only thing that's on my mind at the moment is my messed up life and ruined skating career. I WAS the number one female skater in the ISU for 4 years, beating my idols like Yuna Kim and Mao Asada, but now I'm feeling their pain by getting beaten by the noobies.

After my win in Sochi back in 2014, I'm feeling the pressure from my country to do better and better and continue on achieving figure skating titles.

But for some reason I can't do that anymore.

Between Sochi and now my skating has downgraded drastically. Before my skating was flawless and I always knew I would snag a spot on the podium.

Now my results at competitions are fluctuating.

Sometimes I'm second, then I'm fifth, then I'm third, then I'm seventh.

I wish I could go back to the old days.

They say Olympic champions faces struggles and hardships after their win, but I did not expect the pressure to be this hard.

After all the press conferences and interviews I had after Sochi, my anxiety had increased drastically. Sometimes at practice, I even have panic attacks when I feel like I'll never land a jump or do the choreo right.

It sucks to suffer from mental illnesses because you feel yourself drowning, like you'll never be saved even when you try to get better.

I check the clock again.

5:45 a.m

I guess I should be getting some sleep, tomorrow's a busy day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day

Beep

Beep

Beep

I pry my eyes open and look at the clock, like I did so many times last night.

7:30 a.m

Wow, I barely got 4 hours of sleep last night.

I get out of bed and grab some clothes out of my closet and from my dresser.

I put on a black circle skirt and baby blue crew neck sweater because it's a little chilly outside. I pair the outfit with some black knee high socks and finish off with some brown ankle boot.

I know I'm such a beauty guru.

I leave my room and head downstairs to the kitchen where my parents are eating breakfast.

Let me inform you on some things quickly.

My dad works in a hospital as a surgeon and my mom works in an office; both in downtown Toronto, where my family lives in a condo.

I moved back home this week, as requested by my coach Kathy Johnson.

I used to train with Kathy in Detroit but when she noticed my anxiety getting worse, she thought it would be better that I move back home to Toronto. Before I moved back, we made arrangements with coach, Brian Orser, and he agreed to take me under his wing.

So here I am, back home in Toronto.

"Morning Sweetie" Mom greets me.

"Morning mom" I say.

"Are you ready, for your first lesson with your new coach?" Dad asks.

"I guess" I say and proceed to silently eat my breakfast.

Once I'm done, I put my dish in the sink, grab my skating bag, and leave the house.

I drive to the location Coach Orser told me I'll be training in.

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

I pull into the parking lot and grab my bag, walking into the facility.

Walking into the rink, the sound of Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" fills the air.

And if the elevator tries to bring you down

Go crazy, punch a higher floor

If you don't like the world you're living in

Take a look around you

At least you got friends

You see I called my old lady

For a friendly word

She picked up the phone

Dropped it on the floor

(Ah, ah) is all I heard

Are we gonna let the elevator

Bring us down

Oh, no let's go!

On the ice I see a boy dressed in black skate at full speed and rev into a....is that a quad loop?

He stumbles a bit on the landing, and who I'm guessing is Coach Orser calls him over.

They begin talking and Orser is giving the skater some tips and advice on how to improve, but then the skater's attention turns to me.

"Hello there" he says.

I smile and notice, he's the guy who spoke to me at the Olympics that year.

Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan.

A/N: AHHHHH TWO CHAPTERS IN A DAYYYYYYYY!!! Who am I Hedwig? What am I?