Hold Your Breath

A/N: HEY GUYS! I'm kinda sad the last chapter didn't get a good response, but I really hope this one makes up for it. I had this idea in my mind since February so I hope you guys like it. There will be one more chapter after this one and then an epilogue. Enjoy!

Yuzu and I get pulled into the alley and I feel my back being thrown up against the rough brick walls. Before I know it, our captor pulls a gun from his pocket pointing it at the two of us making sure neither of us can make a run for it. I watch as the man pulls the black ski mask away from his face revealing his true identity. Romano. I knew it.

"How nice is it to meet my two favorite people in such a crowded place like Sendai Japan, huh?" he asks sarcastically, holding Yuzu down by the neck with one hand and pressing the gun barrel to my forehead.

"It doesn't have to be like this. Let us go" I state calmly hoping to get some sense put into this guy.

"Now why should I do that huh? You two and that Spanish freak made my life a living hell. I've been on the run for weeks. You assholes managed to put my ass in and out of prison like clockwork. Now I'll ask you again, why should I let you go?" he asks with complete hate lacing his voice.

"You don't have to let me go then. Just let Yuzuru go. It's me you want right? So take me and leave him alone. You win this time" I say. This was my problem from the start and I'm not gonna let Yuzu get dragged into this mess because of me.

"You're right. I did want you. The key word is 'did'. But I don't anymore. I realized that you're not worth it. I gave you everything you could ask for and you lied to me. On our wedding day, you didn't mean everything you said to me before did you? You pretended to love me to gain my trust. I know you worked with that Kostner girl to help you! You let me get shot at the altar and ran off! But again, you're right. I do win. Because in the end, I get what I want and that's the two of you dead" he says

"Let her go," Yuzu says finally speaking up. I could tell he was mustering up all the courage inside of him to say those three words. His breathing was labored and he sounded panicky.

"Why should I? The two of you put me through hell so if you want your sad lives to end quickly I recommend you listen." He then pulls out two pairs of ropes and a pair of potato sacks to put forward his plan.

.

.

.

Romano finishes tying up Yuzu's restraints, his arms tied behind his back and the potato sack thrown over his head.

"I recommend if you want him to live for an extra 5 minutes, you stay put," Romano says pulling Yuzu away from beside me and walking him to the opposite end of the alleyway. He kick Yuzuru's knees from behind making him kneel and then tying his feet together with another rope.

I can feel my panic attack coming on, but I need to stay as calm as I can in order to get Yuzuru and I out of this situation. That is if I can think of anything fast enough.

Romano walks back towards me with a sinister smile plastered across his face. I feel the sweat building up upon my forehead and that gross slippery feeling is making it's way down my back allowing my Yukata to stick to my skin.

"Well, Charlotte dear looks like this was a major turn of events," he says picking up the rope he left beside me and began typing up my arms.

"Jordan, listen to me", I begin as he starts working on the knot, "When I first met you, you said you were never loved by your parents and that the reason I caught your eye was that we were similar in that sense. We we're both neglected and misunderstood by our parents. I understand what it's like to want to be loved and the feeling of being loved once you find it is magical. Please, you can walk away from this. You can find someone who has it in their heart to love you the way you wanted me to. If you really love me you'd let me be happy. So, please. Please make the right decision and walk away from this" I say as my last resort to convince him.

I watch as he pauses for a minute taking my words into consideration. Apart of me has hope that I was actually able to convince him and make him change his mind.

"Oh Charlotte, always the optimistic one aren't we?" , he smiles, "Fuck love. I gave you the chance to love me when I met you. But again, you're correct. I will be the one to walk away from this" he says giving the rope one last tug. He grabs the potato sack and whips the burlap material over my head, covering my vision and turning everything pitch black.

"Come on, you'll face the same fate as your little boyfriend over there," he says picking me up and dragging me to the front of the alley so that I'm facing opposite of Yuzuru. He sits me kneeling to the ground and begins tying up my feet.

"Jordan please listen to me! There's hope. There's hope for you to have a good future no matter how bad you think your life is!" I tell him, hoping I can change his mind again. I don't know why I bother trying when I know his mind is set on revenge.

"Charlotte dear, you can stop trying alright? Nothings going to change my mind" he says and I hear he feet walking away from me.

"Alright you two, I was going to kill both of you because it would only make sense to do so but despite what you think I'm not such a bad guy. Only one of you will have to die today, the other will have to live with the guilt. Now who should be the one to go?" he says, a sick sense of humor lacing his voice.

With the potato sack covering my vision the one sense I can rely on at this moment are my ears. I hear the sound of the gun cock in his hand and the click of his finger being pressed down upon the trigger.

"One of you must die while the other survives," he began, "but I just can't seem to decide..." he drags on

"I know....Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go, eeny, meeny, miny, moe..." he sings possibly switching his direction from me to Yuzuru and so on.

I feel the tears begin to cascade down my face. The unnecessary tension he's building up right now is raising my anxiety to its highest. My breathing is suffocated due to the burlap sack upon my head which is cutting off my oxygen. I can feel my head getting light and bright white stars can be seen in my dark vision.

"...My mother told me to pick the very best....and you....are...it" he says

I hear the sound of the gunfire, the loud bang creating a ringing sound in my ears. My breathing is shaky, my body is sweaty, and the tears don't stop falling down my face. I'm still here. I'm still aware of my surrounding....

So if I'm alive...

"Hey don't say that. I won the Olympics too and I still mess up"

"Let's go into the Cricket tomorrow and see if Debby can pull up security footage"

"You..you..you should've seen your face!"

"You just have to feel the music. Be one with the rhythm"

...that means on the other side of this alley....

"I'm telling you, they have the best chocolate mousse cake.I took my mom her when we first came to Canada"

"You know, Atlas? The guy that was condemned to hold the world on his shoulders?"

"Oh no, Charlie-chan please don't cry!"

"Because you're the baby of the group Charlie-san!"

...Yuzuru was dead....