The Free Program

Today we're starting my free program to Mozart's Requiem.

This should be interesting.

As I step on the ice, I see Kurt skating around with my music playing in the back. His does a few edges before moving into a triple toe triple toe combination. I'm guessing that's where he plans to put that combo?

"Hey Charlie! Ready to get this free done?"

"Yeah, I've been eager to work on it since we finished the short. What'cha got for me?"

"Well for this program, we want to maximize the amount of points you can get. So I'm planning on putting most of your jumps in the second half",He states, "Jump wise we're going in this order, triple toe triple toe, triple axel, triple loop, triple flip, triple salchow, double toe, and finally the triple lutz triple loop double loop"

I nod my head in agreement and we get to work on the program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arch your back further! Judges like the flexibility!" Kurt shouts from the sideline

We're currently going through a run-through of my free and I'm gliding in an Ina Bauer, before entering my triple salchow.

The last jump before that dreaded triple lutz combination.

Here we go...

Digging my toe pic into the ice, I send myself into the air and torc my body to gain the rotations.

I land the lutz and the first loop, going into the last.

And before I have time to get into the jump I see him walking in.

Yuzu

The gleaming look in his eyes when he sees me on the ice gives me a sense of hope to land this jump.

And I go for it.

I torc my body yet again and send myself flying into the air, before landing on my right foot.

The landing is clean, except I'm squat over in a shoot the duck position. Looks like I have no choice but to turn into a spread eagle...

"SHE DID IT" I hear Yuzu yell in Japanese

I smile at his supportiveness before going into the last spin; a flying camel combo.

Using the last of my energy, I end my performance with my arms out to the side and my head up to the ceiling.

Looking to the sideline, I see Coach, Yuzu, Kurt, and Javi, clapping while I take my curtsy.

"That was amazing Chica!" Javi says excitedly, as I move off the ice.

Ooff!

I'm pulled into a tight hug and awkwardly wrap my arms around the person.

Moving my head from the person's neck, I see that it's Yuzu who pulled me into an embrace.

Awe!

"I'm so proud of you" He whispers in my ear, and my cheeks ignite into a deep red.

"Thank you" I say back in our native tongue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Yuzu"

I see Yuzuru leaving the rink as I try to catch him before he leaves.

He turns around swiftly saying, "Hey" back

"So umm this may sound kind of awkward but...are you mad at me?"

"Huh? Why would I be mad at you?"

"You know the incident with the article?"

"Oh that"

He looks down at his shoes thinking of an answer.

Or he is mad and he's just trying to avoid answering...

Oh god please don't be mad.

"I'm not mad Charlie-san..things like that happen. The media likes to start drama and the easiest way for them is to put two people together" He finally speaks up

"Thanks for understanding"

"Like I said; it's not your fault"

"Soooo....friends" I say sticking my pinky out

"Friends" He says, hooking his pinky to mine