The Ghost from Sochi Past

"Uhhh... Hi?" I say, not meaning for it to come out as a question.

"Oh Hi, you're Charlotte Akagi" Coach Orser says.

I just nod and awkwardly walk to him and Yuzuru.

"Yuzuru, this is Charlotte. Charlotte, Yuzuru" Orser says while pointing to each of us while he introduces us to each other.

We both smile and wave at each other. Despite being two figure skating Olympians from Sochi, we haven't spoken to each other since that day he congratulated me after my free.

"Since it's only the two of you training today, I guess we can do a group lesson" Orser says. "I have another senior skater that I coach but he's off today. Heard of Javier Fernandez from Spain, Charlotte?"

Oh boy.

Fernandez

Probably one of the most arrogant guys I have ever met, but besides that he's one of my best friends in the ISU. It's too bad I don't get to see him that often during the season, but I guess I do now that we skate together.

"I've heard of him" I reply with slight smirk.

"Well get your skates on and we'll get to practice" Orser replies.

He points the change rooms and I head over to change and tie my skates.

I leave the change room and get on the ice.

"Well noobie, show us what you got," Orser says.

I nod and skate around the ice while Orser and Yuzuru and chilling at the side of the ice watching me intensely.

I warm up my jumps and then proceed into trying the harder jumps.

Here goes the double axel.

Landed it!

Triple toe

Nailed it!

Triple Sal

Yes!

After doing a few more jumps, I start to feel optimistic and went into my signature move; triple lutz, triple loop, double loop.

Building up speed, I skate into the jump.

One

Two

Three....

Ooff.

I fell on the first jump?

Getting off the ground, I skate over to Coach and Yuzuru.

"Well you had some good tricks but we gotta work on that triple lutz" Coach says.

"Yeah I know, some Olympic champion I am" I reply grumpy.

"Hey don't say that. I won the Olympics too and I still mess up" Yuzuru says in Japanese.

"Yeah well, you're falling on quads, Hanyu, in falling on triples. There's a difference" I say back in Japanese.

He laughs and then says jokingly, "Well you're training with the one and only champion now, I guess you'll just have to catch up with me." 

I giggled at his response, but then coach butts into our conversation.

"Alright kids, no more talking to code. Let's get practicing!"

We laugh and move into practicing our elements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's around 12:00 p.m by the time we finish practice and Yuzuru and I are currently getting off of the ice.

We part ways as we head into separate change rooms.

After showering and changing into my clothes that I came to the rink in, I left the change room and headed to the front of the cricket club.

Standing in the front foyer was nonother Yuzuru Hanyu himself.

"Hey, are you getting a ride or something?" I say to start a conversation (from now on I decided to speak to him in Japanese. Probably makes it easier for the guy)

"Actually I was waiting for you" he replies

"Well here I am," I say jokingly

He scratches the back of his neck and awkwardly answers, "Do you have time right now? Like, to do something?"

"Huh?"

"I thought maybe we could do something together. You know get to know each other; one Olympic champ to another?"

I hate that phrase.

"Olympic champ"

Because to me, I'm anything but an Olympian. But for the sake of being nice, I laughed at his joke.

"Yeah sure I got some time"

And from there I would be spending the next half of my day getting to know Mr. Hanyu himself.

A/N: AYYYYYEEEE NEW CHAPTER!!!! Ummm so tbh I have no clue where I'm going with this story...so please be patient with me😊😊