Better Together

A/N: Hey guys! Quick question. How many of you actually figure skate? I do!

I stare at the clock as I'm lying on my bed.

12:00 a.m

Oh well, at least it's not 5:00 a.m

After my day out with Yuzu, I've been thinking about everything he said to me in Abercrombie.

"If anything I'm the coward here"

I realized that it wasn't only me that the Olympics had ruined.

He thinks he's a coward for running away to Canada to skate, leaving the people of Sendai to suffer. I think I'm a coward for wanting to give up after winning gold.

While you're doing fine, there's some people and I

Who have a really tough time getting through this life

So excuse us while we sing to the sky.

Maybe we were both broken people...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the Cricket Club already dressed in my skating gear;black legging and a neon pink Lululemon yoga jacket.

As I open the doors to the rink, a huge force almost knocks me over.

"Hola Chica! Coach said you were going to be out new student! Why didn't you tell me?"

Ah Javier Fernandez, my good ol pal

"Javi!"

We hug it out a bit and catch up on what we missed from each other in the past year.

"Wow you guys get along quickly" says a voice behind me. Before I can turn around, I hear Javi say

"Hey Yuzuru!"

Turning around, I found non other than Yuzuru himself, walking into the rink.

"Hey Hanyu,"I greet, "Just catching up with Javi."

He nods in response and the three of us part ways to head into our designated change rooms.

After getting my skates on, I meet up with Coach and the boys.

"Alright guys, let's start this new season off right" Coach announces

We start practice with laps around the ice, then a quick foot work warm up as a group.

Let me tell you.

Thank god none of us are in ice dance or pairs skating. Because traveling in groups while doing foot work isn't as easy as it looks.

Might have to text Tessa and Scott or Meagan and Erik for tips on team skating....

After getting stuck on a twizzle sequence, Yuzu and I bump into each other, tripping Javi in the process.

After messing up the sequence, the three of us end up in a dog pile on the ice.

"Guys I think I just broke my back.." I say from the bottom of the stack.

"I might've chipped a tooth.." I hear Javi say

From the other end of the ice I hear Coach mutter, "I can't believe I'm coaching a group of world class skaters."

The three of us hear and burst out laughing.

After breaking the dog pile we go to practice our separate jumps and spins.

Javi's getting some one on one with Coach at the moment while Yuzu and I are left to practice privately.

As I skate around the ice, I can't help but notice Yuzu's perfect form. The way he delicately lands each jump with perfection and continues into his flying camel spin combination. I'm enchanted by the way he moves.

I don't notice I'm staring until Javi skates by.

"What's with the staring Chica?" He winks while skating into his quad sal

I shake my head at his response and move into practicing my triple lutz, hoping for a better result.

Maybe moving back to Toronto was a good choice.

Maybe the four of us (including coach) are better together.

A/N: Sorry that this chapter was short and shit.