It Gets Worse

The day after I received that letter, Coach Orser called the three of us into his office.

"Alright you three, competitions are coming up so that means we need to get these forms done. You're all okay with competing at Skate Canada?" He ask while he's sat at his desk.

We nod followed up by a, "Yeah", "Ok", "Sounds good"

The three of us are sat on the chairs in front of his desk, watching as he types something into his computer.

The printer sitting behind him starts making a sound and we watch as he pulls three sheets out.

"Have these done by next week. If you need help, let me know. Now go get your skates on"

As I part ways with the boys to head into my designated change room, Yuzu runs up to me.

"Charlie-chan, if your not busy after practice can I ask you to help me fill out the form?"

"Sure Yuzu, I'm always glad to help" I tell him shooting a smile

I watch as he leaves and heads into the boys change room, before I walk into the girls change room.

I'm the only Senior girl Coach Orser teaches, so I'm always alone in the change room.

But as I walk in, something beautiful catches my eyes.

Where I usually leave my stuff, sits a red figure skating dress.

Maybe one of the Junior skater left it here?

I walk over to the bench and drop my bag, letting my hands reach out to investigate the dress.

The red dress has sweetheart neckline and crystals assembled in a floral pattern at the chest, while the skirt has scattered gold jewels across it. I notice that the dress has sheer skin coloured sleeves with gold jewels dispersed upon it.

As I look closer, I notice a tag attached to the right sleeve.

You know the saying "Curiosity killed the cat?"

Well I'm the cat and guess what?

I just got murdered.

I pick up the tag and look closely at the familiar writing.

This can't be good.

My Dearest Charlotte,

I realized that you have a competition coming up next month,

so I wanted to spoil you with a gift.

Please wear this for your season debut.

I would love to see you skate Requiem in this lovely dress that I got

the amazinly talented, Giorgio Armani to design, especially

for you.

Yours truly,

JR

Uh oh.