Chapter 5

Escaped: Chapter 5

I must have fallen asleep again.

I heard a voice calling, "Charlotte!"

Was it my mum again? No, her voice was high and soft which this voice was not.

I groaned and stretched my stiff neck. I looked up to see ice blue eyes.

Niall was looking at me.

"You awake?"

I nodded.

Then I realized we weren't moving. I looked around to see we were at a gas station. A Seven Eleven, in the middle of nowhere. Who decided to put a Seven Eleven in the middle of bleeding nowhere?

There was only one other car at the station. A black Range Rover.

"Listen," Niall spoke. "We're meeting a friend. Stay here and don't move, yeah?"

"Okay," I said quietly.

He climbed out of the car and closed the door after him. I heard the doors lock and saw Liam with the key fob.

He looked at me for a moment, almost to reinforce what Niall said.

My eyes fell to the floor.

I heard another car door and looked up to see a guy climb out of the Range Rover. He was in a black leather jacket and sunglasses.

His dark hair was up in a quiff with a little blonde in it.

They all embraced in kind of that "bro hug" and stood there talking.

I saw Niall kind of used his hands when he spoke and then he gestured to the Impala where I was.

The guy glanced over at me and nodded. I looked up and we made eye contact for just a second before I looked away.

They'd been talking for about 10 minutes and the whole time I was just thinking about what I was going to do.

There was no way I was actually just going to sit here. I was so scared but I wasn't about to accept the possibility of never seeing my friends and family again or ending up possibly raped and murdered.

"Think, Charlotte, think," I muttered aloud.

Then it hit me.

I carefully reached into my pocket and pulled out my cell phone.

I looked up and saw that all the guys were still preoccupied.

I pulled my legs up and quickly dialed 999. I pressed the phone to my ear, muttering "c'mon... c'mon..."

"Hello, 999, what is your emergency?" I heard the dispatch lady on the other end.

"Oh, God! Please help me," I choked out. I felt tears coming to my eyes.

"Calm down, miss. Tell me what's going on," she said.

"I've been kidnapped," I cried out.

I glanced around and then did a double take.

I saw the guy with the quiff talking to Niall. He was looking at me.

He saw me. On the phone.

He pointed at me and Niall glanced back. But he didn't move.

"Miss? Who's kidnapped you? Can you tell me your location?"

Why didn't he move? Wasn't he going to come and stop me?

Then I realized that I didn't see Liam.

My car door opened and I felt someone yank me out of my seat.

I dropped my phone onto the concrete ground.

"What the hell?" I heard him shout.

Liam roughly pinned me against the side of the car.

"Miss?" We heard the dispatch lady call.

Liam looked down at the phone on the ground and then glared up at me. His stare. Chills went down my spine.

I felt tears pouring out again and Liam stepped on my phone, crushing it under his boot.

"You know, I was hoping you weren't this stupid," he growled.

He opened his jacket and reached into his pocket for something.

His gun.