Chapter 7

Escaped: Chapter 7

The Rover's door opened.

"You getting her to talk?" Niall asked.

"S'not that hard," Zayn said with a smirk.

"Really? She didn't wanna say a word the way up," Niall said.

"That's 'cause you scared the shit out of her," he chuckled.

Niall looked at me and I just shrugged.

The driver's door opened and I immediately shrunk back as Liam climbed into the truck.

Any kind of lightness that was creeping into the mood disappeared.

Liam was pissed.

Everyone kind of fell silent, the car rattled down the bumpy, cracked road.

"We're not staying at Perrie's," he announced after a long silence.

Niall and Zayn looked confused.

"Why not?" Zayn asked.

"Because of her," Liam glared at me through the rear view mirror.

I shrunk back further into my seat.

"We'll stop by to pick them up along with some supplies but I don't want to stay in the area if the cops are sniffing around."

"So where are we going," I piped up.

He turned around to look at me and I quickly shut up. Man, if looks could kill...

After a moment Niall leaned over and muttered, "Where are we goin', mate?"

Liam glanced over at him and said, "the cabin."

-

We had found our way into a city after several hours of driving and we pulled up into a gas station.

"Zayn, give Perrie a call," Liam said. "The first place the cops will be expecting us to go is to you guys so they'll be keeping an eye on her. They'll probably have somebody stationed by your house and her apartment."

Zayn clenched his jaw and nodded.

"So what are we gonna do?" Niall asked.

"We'll have them come to us," Zayn guessed.

Liam nodded. "Niall, stay with the girl," he said.

I huffed and fell back into my seat.

Zayn and Liam got out of the car and into the gas station.

After a minute, I loudly declared, "I need the toilet."

Niall rolled his eyes but got out of the car. So did I.

He led me around to the back of the station where the unisex bathroom was.

"Don't try anything," he said. "I don't want to have to go in there with you."

I nodded and closed the restroom door.

I immediately started to think. What was I going to do? I began pacing.

I heard a knock on the door and Niall called "Hurry up in there!"

I didn't want him to get suspicious so I flushed the toilet and I turned on the sink. I reached for the soap to clean the wound on the side of my head, courtesy of Liam. That's when it hit me.

-

Niall led me back to the truck and I slid into the back.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"Anytime, love," he said. He leaned back in his seat with his cap pulled over his eyes.

Liam climbed back into the driver's seat.

"Where's Zayn?" I asked.

"The loo. He'll only be a second," he told me.

Shit!

As if on cue, Zayn opened my door.

I looked up at him. His gaze was cold.

"What's the matter?" Liam called.

"You've gotta get your bird under control, mate," Zayn said, not taking his eyes off of me. "She wrote a message on the mirror. In soap."

Liam spun around and shot me daggers. He unbuckled his seat belt and walked around to the side of the car. He grabbed me by my upper arm and pulled me out of my seat.

"This won't take a second, lads," he said over his shoulder as he dragged me to the back of the building.

I was in trouble now.