Chapter 48

Escaped: Chapter 48

I immediately began looking around.

I didn't see any cops.

But in came bursting the strangest group of people I'd ever seen.

Well, I heard them before I saw them.

More bullets.

I saw Zayn with his Glock and some tall blonde guy, I'd never seen before.

"These aren't no damn cops!" Max shouted. And everyone was shooting.

The five of us all hit the floor and immediately went for cover.

I was with Eleanor and Niall, hiding behind the Bob Cat.

I didn't see where Liam and Harry went.

"Hey, how ya doin'?" A voice said next to me. I jerked and looked over to see a guy, 5' 7"ish, with dark slicked back hair. He replacing the magazine in his gun.

"I'm Bobby."

I just looked at him, unsure of what to say or do.

He kept shooting and then ducking back here for cover.

"Man, these bastards will not go down," he growled.

I just kept myself hidden until the chaos came to an end.

Slowly the shooting stopped and I carefully looked over to see the bodies of several people.

Jay. Tom. All their muscle power.

The last two were on their knees, hands on their heads while Louis and some buff, black man had their weapons to the back of their heads.

Bobby walked out from behind the machine and went to join them.

Soon I saw Liam, Harry, Zayn, and the blonde guy come out from their shelter and approach us.

Everyone had a bit of a grim expression on their face. Those who didn't just looked pissed as hell.

We all kind of stood their for a second evaluating the scene.

Louis jerked his head and Zayn came and took his place, training his gun on the back of Max's head.

Eleanor bursted into tears and ran to him. He put his arms around her for a second and her knees buckled.

He picked her up bridal style and said, "I'm going to take her to the truck."

Although I was a little confused, nobody protested.

Bobby spoke up next.

"Unfortunate circumstances but it's nice to meet you all," he said. "I'm Bobby these are my brothers, Jack-" He motioned to the blonde guy. "-and this here is Angel."

I didn't want to be rude or, you know, racist but I was confused on how these guys were claiming to be brothers when they looked nothing alike: hair color, skin tone, height, etc.

I didn't get the chance to ask before Angel spoke up.

"Which one of you punk asses did it?" He said looking at the last two, of the Wanted, standing. "Which one of ya'll killed Gemma?"

Max spoke up, a wicked look on his face.

"I did."

Angel didn't hesitate, he waisted no time: he turned his gun on Max and shot him in the head.