Chapter 20

Escaped: Chapter 20

The next morning I was woken up by someone gently shaking me.
I groggily lifted my head to see Perrie. She smiled at me.
"I'm going to change his bandages," she motioned to Liam. "Why don't you go take a shower?"
I nodded and went up stairs to our room.
Eleanor was still sleeping so I quietly made my way to the bathroom.
I stripped down and slipped into the shower.
I started to wipe the makeup from my face, since I hadn't taken it off the night before.
I grabbed the shampoo and scrubbed it into my hair, noticing that even though it wasn't supposed to be scented, it smelled like watermelon.
I stared down at my feet and the events from the last few days hit me like a freight train going 120 miles per hour.
I had been kidnapped. By One Direction. I watched a guy nearly bleed out. I figured out that my dad is a twisted person, worse than the convicted killer that I found myself falling for-
No. I couldn't be falling for Liam. On top of everything else going on, my life was just too complicated to think like that.
Besides, mom always said- and then I realized. My mom.
She was still at home. With my dad.
I'm sure he'd never beaten her or anything like that but I was also sure that she didn't know what a sick man he really was. She didn't truly know the man she lived with at all.
And I had left her there with him.

I leaned down in the shower and puked. Since I hadn't eaten anything for nearly a day, it was mostly bile.
I watched the foul, clear liquid mix with the bubbles and slip down the drain.

I sat down in the tub and I heard the door open.
"Charlotte?" Eleanor said quietly. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," I lied. "I'm fine."

-

I walked into the bedroom, a towel wrapped around myself, and I began digging through the plastic bags of clothing that the girls picked up for me.
I ended up in a black pair of leggings and a blue, pull over sweatshirt.

My bare feet padded down the hallway and then down the stairs and I heard voices.

"No way." Zayn.

"Come on. You said it yourself, I've had worse." Liam.

"So? Man, Harvey got you yesterday. You may have had worse, but that doesn't mean you're invincible. We'll take care of him."

A third voice, Harry, spoke up.
"He's right, Liam. At least rest up, one more day."

I heard the door open and shut again and then the sound of the Range Rover driving away from the little cabin.

I walked into the living room to see Liam on the couch, an irritated look on his face.
Perrie was smiling as she finished applying the fresh bandages to his gunshot wound.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Liam is pouting," she chuckled.

Liam glared at her and grumbled to me, "I'm on house arrest."

I started laughing when he cut in.
"It's not funny!"

I sat on the arm chair opposite of him.
"Sorry, Payne, but it is."

"C'mon," he whined. "Who's on my side here?"

"Not me!" Eleanor called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, they're right," Louis said, walking in. "One more day won't kill you."

"So it's settled then," Perrie chirped as she went to discard the old bandages.

"Thanks for your help, mate," Liam muttered, glaring at Louis who beamed and continued to eat his eggs.

"Wait, is there food?" I asked sitting up.

He nodded and said through a mouthful, "El's made bacon and eggs."

I hopped out of my chair and moved towards the kitchen. I turned back to Liam.

"Do you want any?" I asked him.

"Yes please," he grumbled.

I chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing! It's just- this! The big, tough Liam Payne pouting like a child because he doesn't get to go out and play." I said, very unsympathetically.

I dodged the pillow he threw at me and ran into the kitchen.

I heard his laughter from behind me.

A/N: Sorry it was a bit uneventful, but every good story has filler chapters.