Chapter 15

Escaped: Chapter 15

A/N: More late night writing! Woohoo!

Ring.

"C'mon..."

Ring.

"Hurry up."

Ri- "Hello, Hale residence, this is Benjamin."

I froze. I didn't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this.
Everything Liam had told me about my father came flooding back to me.
The fights and the bribes... What happened to Niall...

"Hello?"

What if all of it wasn't true? What if he was lying to me?
I thought back to my dad. The one who taught me to rollerblade and the one who patched up my kiddy pool.

"Is anyone there?"

But what if it was true? What if Liam hadn't been lying?
I hung up the phone and threw it across the room.

I fell backwards onto my bum and leaned against the wall, panting, tears brimming in my eyes.

I heard someone sigh and I looked up to see Louis standing in the doorway.
How long had he been there? Had he seen the whole thing?

I just stared at him before I mumbled, "I couldn't do it. I just couldn't..."

"It was him wasn't it? Your dad?"

I nodded.

"Liam told you everything, didn't he?"

I nodded again.

"C'mon downstairs, I'll make you some tea."

-

Louis handed me a mug of the steaming liquid. I was sitting at the kitchen counter on one of the tall barstools.

"You know he took three of my toes?"

I looked up.
"What?"

"Yeah," he said. "I did some time too. Not too bad, I was only caught with possession so it's not like I was in for 9 years. But anyways, while in, we got into a bit of a... a bit of a tiff."

I snorted. That was probably putting it lightly.

"Anyways, Hale ended up getting some other guys to hold me down while he used a cheap pocket knife to cut off some toes."

I involuntarily looked down at his feet. He was wearing shoes.

Louis chuckled.
"Yeah," he said. "He took the end two off of my left foot and the smallest off my right. It took me awhile to learn my balance without them but I got the hang of it."

I gave him a small smile.

He sat down next to me.
"Sorry about your dad, love. I mean, sorry you didn't know what a fucker he really was."

I just nodded. And then I realized, what if my dad did pay the ransom? Would that mean-?

"Hey, Louis?"

"Hmm?"

"I don't want to go back."

He looked at me, confusion evident in his blue eyes.

"Then where do you want to go?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, I just... don't ever want to see him again, ya know?"

He nodded.

"But what if he pays the ransom?" I went on. "You won't take me back, will you?" I felt panic welling up inside me.

"You'll have to talk to Liam about that one, love," he said, taking a sip of his tea. "But I hope not. I like having you around." He smiled.

We heard a car pull around the side of the cabin. And doors opening and closing. And urgent voices.

"Speak of the Devil..." Louis muttered.

The door bursted open. Zayn and Harry rushed in, the two of them were supporting Liam. He looked barely conscience. He was bleeding.

He'd been shot.