Prologue

"That's just sickening Shuvro! Are you out of your mind?" Butu screamed over the phone. "You can never take Sumedh's place. I swear if you set even one of your foot inside Tuli's house with that interest in your mind, she will never forgive you. You are disgusting to me! Let her be alone!"

"Butu I love her! I-I am in love with her. Don't you hear me? That boy, he is not going to come back. Ever!" Shuvro growled. His one hand was clutching his hair with all his might. His voice rising gradually as he was taking each word.

Why the fuck everyone was so against him! Why couldn't they just get it Sumedh was dead and it's been seven long years. It's not just the day after his death, he was willing to ask Tulika's hand for marriage. He had given her long enough time to get over that boy! And it was seeming like even Butu, who he knew as his best friend, was not over his late best friend yet.

"Your mother had died too, did your father get married after that?" Butu howled back and instantly got a jab from behind, by his wife.

"What the shit are you talking about." Pulu made a nasty face. Shuvro's parents died within a gap of only six months last year. Pulu couldn't believe her husband just lifted that wound of his very best friend. But soon she was pushed back by her husband's free hand. Well, she didn't take it offensively and replied with a more forceful push to her husband. Butu looked back at her with a horrified expression, stumbling on his feet. They got legally married three years back just before moving into the new apartment in Delhi's CR Park. And such actions were very common since they were growing with each other after tying the knot.

Whilst they were having such hand to hand, Shuvro's jaw clenched sitting with the phone in his hand and clenching his hair with another. He had no one to ask to talk to the girl he was so much in love with, for him - just to ask to consider him once. So he had turned towards the only guy he thought he could get some help from. But-

"Hello, Suvo da!" Pulu's voice broke the chain of thoughts of Shuvro. He didn't realize what was going in the apartment of Delhi as Pulu just snatched the phone off her husband. "Look, I know what Butu told you, please don't worry about his word, you know he can't see the light until one makes it fall on his eyes. I'll talk to him" She huffed standing on a high stool with the phone on an ear and glaring at his husband who was standing down, glaring at her back, looking like a furious panther. "And if you want, I can talk to Tulidi too. If there's no problem." Pulu chirped.

"You will?" Shuvro, at last, saw a wooden branch in the vast sea.

***

"Stop sulking Butu, don't you seriously think this is a great idea for Tulidi to marry Suvoda. The man had loved the girl since like we don't even know!" Pulu mouthed in an explanatory tone.

"I don't believe this. You were the one to tell Shuvro was just after her cause of just a stubbornness." Butu sighed frustratingly, looking at her with a flaring nostril.

"Yes cause then the picture was different, Tulidi loved Sumedhda, who was alive more importantly. It's been seven years, seven years!" Her tone softened while uttering the last sentence seeing her husband's eyes to almost tear up. She sat down beside him. She knew it was tougher to convince Butu than Tulika. "Tulidi have to move on Butu!" She mumbled keeping a hand on his shoulder. "She needs to move on. Cause life goes on. We all have moved on, and so needs she. And even if not as a lover, Sumedhda is a friend, one of her best friend - can you think of anyone better than him?"

***

"You know our decision Shuvro, we can not think anyone more perfect than you for her, but her..." Tuli's father Mr Tamal Sengupta shook his head hopelessly. He had seen the boy sitting in front of him growing up from infant, and could not be happier for her daughter to have a husband like him. But the situation was so dull, he himself was feeling helpless.

Every time he or his wife would start asking her to get married Tulika's cold voice asking to let her be would make them shut.

"She will come around. We will talk to her." Tulika's mother's voice made the two men look up startlingly. She kept the tray of snack and tea for Suvo on the coffee table as she mouthed determinedly, "you people start getting ready and fix a date."...

So how's it? Should I continue or not? Drop your comments and let me know. And please vote. Then I'll update soon...