Part 6

A big sorry I couldn't post this part sooner. But here it is, and a big part. And this part is dedicated to susmita11295, I love your comments. <3

And a big hug to all the lovlies reading it, thank you so much guys for reading. I love you all. Hope you like this part...

Suvro's heart was throabing at his mouth when the pandit asked Tulika's father for bringing the bride to the mandap. His heartbeat was so loud all the noises surrounding him went totally mute. The panditji asked him to stand up facing the way the bride was suppose to come. He did as he was said.

"Hold your breath brother!" He heard one of his cousin to tease him letting all the other relatives giggle and making him sweating with redness on the cheeks.

His sense came back at the sound of the Ulu.

And after some moments he saw her. Walking down towards him. The betel leafs in her hands infront of her face was letting him take of her face, not letting him be relieved that yes, it was her who walked down the aisle, and yes, all this was really happening.

He saw her walking with Poulee who was guiding her walking beside her. Pulu gave him a warm smile with all the tease in her eyes. Shuvro once again blushed crimson with a nervous smile on his face. She and another aunty took Tulika to walk around him.

"Dadavai no peeking!" The voice of a cousin sister hit his ears as he was eyeing Tulika and realized himself turning with her almost. He turned with a jolt to his position with warm ears.

"Have some shame you shameless idiot!" Arun growled standing afar giving him a head shake.

"One more!"

One aunty counted the last round of the ritual making the blushing groom sigh. Dying would be a understatement to explain what he was feeling to see for once her face. To make himself belive that the girl he longed so long for, was infront him, to be his with all sense.

But it seemed his own clan was aginst his all wishes as they screamed "No only three rounds have happened, four more to go!" With giggles.

He would not mind to shot each one of them making them stand in a row!

But with another round around him Pulu made Tulika stand infront him.

And with again another round of 'ulus', Arun and Kushal, a friend of his unfurl a cotton saree over him and Tulika. The bright flash light burned on their faces making him cring a little.

"Tuli reamove the leaves now." Tuli's aunty asked.

And with in a moment without any kinde of pretense her face bared infront of him.

A pair of dull brown eyes scorched over his face burning off all the bit of humor in him.

He was seeing her properly after almost five years. He used to steal glances from her often accross the road or recently at the weding of Butu and Pulu. But after what seemed like ages his eyes behold her face. The moment of reality was there but all he felt was a warning in her glance. As if any move of his could cost her.

His eyes begged looking at her but the coldness in her eyes didn't melt.

They exchanged the garlands animatedly and sat for the wedding.

Her cold stiffened face kept piercing his heart with thousand knifes one after one, making him remind her faces when with that boyfriend of her.

'Will she never look at me even someone she could think of spending life with?'