Part 31

The darkness of evening darkened more as covering the whole sky with the quilt of cloud it started down pouring making the surroundings a little abstract.

Tuli gulped a lot of the water in a go. Her heart was drumming in an abnormally quicken tempo. She inhaled sharply closing her eyes. Her limbs were shaking terribly.

A peaceful silence surrounded them only with the under tone of the mumbling of rain and to cross that the wiping sound of the wipers.

All this while sitting inside the stopped car when all the passer-by cars were passing them in their own speed, Tuli sat composing herself under a pair of eye's cautious scrutinizing gaze. Though Tuli was not looking at them she could feel them on her poignantly. But the hovering of those eyes were not uncomfortable for her. She realised she was feeling relived and some what secured.

"Subhro, drive the car now, I am fine." Tuli spoke up gently after a time. She looked away from nowhere to him. "I don't think we are supposed to park the car in the middle of the road..."

"Are you fine...?"

"I said I am fine."

He sighed sharply and pronounced, "I am so sorry Tuli. My mind was some where else."

"I get that. Now please start the car." She appealed in a soft voice and looked at the front settling herself anticipating Suvro to start the car. Her tone occurred to him softer than than she intended to.

After some momentum when he didn't start the car and she felt his eyes on her again. She looked up at him with a questioning furrow.

His intent gaze stayed on her like he was trying to convince her mind telepathically and then as he mumbled out what he was thinking she squirmed.

"You are not thinking about what Riya told, right?" He asked. Fear was vivid in his eyes. His fear stricken eyes stayed on her observing her face.

She couldn't understand what he was thinking about, she could have easily demanded a divorce if she wanted to, its not like Riya told her something she wouldn't have thought herself.

"Subhro..." she opened Her mouth but go interrupted by him, making her jump on her seat.

Quickly his hands were grabbing her right hand. "Tuli just do not think about it please. Riya is so stupid she doesn't know what she is talking about." Words bubbled out in the most vulnerable way making her feel like sinking. She forgot to retreat her hand from his grip looking at him. "When I married you I pledge to take care of you, kaku kakima gave me your responsibility..."

"I can take care of myself Suvro!" Tuli fished her hand out of Shuvro's with poignancy.

"I never denied, but you need help and you can not deny that." He replied. God! Why was he having the same fight again and again!!!

"I don't need help. And certainly not yours. God!" Tuli's eyes flared up as Riya's words rang in her ear. "I never asked you, now did I?"

"Everyone needs a little help Tuli..."

"Stop being melodramatic. You this stupid action made your sister say I am taking advantage of you. Not for once I..."

"Tuli you are not taking any advantage. You are my god damn wife. You are my responsibility!"

Tuli's sentence got interrupted as Shuvro almost yelled up. He couldn't believe his dearest sister messed up the relationship he was building like a Jenga building with so much care again. Tuli looked at him with widened eyes. Shuvro ran his fingers through his hair and then punched the steering wheel out of frustration that was not getting a way out.