Part 25

The man is almost 6 ft. tall!!! And damn those cat eyes!

Renu's dumpling of breakfast was not getting swallowed as she stared almost enchanted at the man just entered taking long stride of his long legs with Renuka's brother in law.

"What... what exactly are you doing here?" Subhro growled storming just behind Ratul who was walking inside his house like his own. Agh! He hated this thing of this man. He had been seeing this since childhood. He used to come less after Butu and Arun became friends with Subhro but Ratul's comfortable attitude around him never failed to irk Subhro.

"I told you, I am here to see your wife. Where is she?" He said with harmless innocent face and shoved a package in Subhro's arm. "Here, some fruit for her quick recovery."

Subhro took a look of the package and then Ratul. The rage was building up little by little as he tried to gauge what Ratul was trying to do and how much that could affect his and Tuli's equation. Clutching his jaw grinding the fuming temper inside Subhro was about to snap back at Ratul something but a feminine shriek stopped him.

"What the exact hell is He doing here?" Tuli growled at the scene she could not believe happening seeing infront of her. The bell driving her crazy had pushed her out of her room. Her frontal lob again started throbbing badly.

Subhro closed his eyes in frustration. He could not believe that it was actually happening with him. Again! God damn it!

"Oh I came to see you my darling. How are you? Are you doing well now?" Ratul strode towards her and stopped some steps away from her. Tuli's eyes stayed on him measuring his each step with disgust and caution like a panther, that could leap to attack any moment. Ratul's lips formed an amusing smirk of satisfaction for getting the exact reaction he was expecting.

Renuka's eyes lingered on this mysterious man her sister and brother in law was treating with so much of resentment yet failing to create any reacting in the man.

"See your dear husband had stopped coming office making all of us worry about our project. So I had to come kind of come..."

Ratul's pretentious explanation didn't go well as like a arrow freed from a bow string Tuli zapped towards Subhro, "you invited him here? You have contact with you? Still???" Her eyes popping out of socket out of shock. Her nose flaring up as she gasped like a mad bull. Her red face made the trimmed hair of Subhro on his nape stand. He rushed towards her to held her. He could visually see her blood pressure reach the zenith.

"Tuli... I" Subhro whispered.

"You what? Is he your friend? Are you serious?" Tuli aggressively railed on him and her boiling blood was not at all helping.

"Nooo! He works with me. He is my colleague. Tuli I swear." His calm voice was trying to reason with her.

But maybe the self proclaimed devil had other plan as he spoke up again clearing his voice a little. "Dude, you hurt me man!"

Subhro growled inwardly as he exactly knew the motive of that tone. He turned his face a little at Ratul to warn him, but it failed to do a thing.

"I thought we were best of friends Suvo!" Ratul stated with his ever innocent pretence.

Subhro could practically hear the sound of the grind of jaw of the lady's hand he has clutching with utmost care and in a convincing manner. He looked at her eyes and crushed a thousand death to Ratul Roy. Cause oh man! Oh man! Those eyes. He was immensely familiar seeing disgust, hatred, accusations in her eyes for him. But that was the for the first time in a lot of time he was seeing hurt in her eyes.

Betrayed! She felt.

"Is..."

"Tuli come with me. Just come with me please." He had to drag her away. He could never Ratul do what he was upto.

***

Ratul kept staring at the way Subhro disappeared with Tuli inside her room which Ratul knew as Subhro's room this far. He knew he loved her a lot. But every time he thought about how much Subhro had to go through for this love- he failed to control himself.

It was the first day of his meet with Subhro he thought him as the best friend of him.

Basically Subhro's father and and Ratul's father were best of friends of their days, before Subhro's father got transferred to Asansole for his job. Then with another transfer when Mr. Roychoudhury was back in town Ratul's father with his whole family, along with his son reached to his best friend's house to welcome him back. And there Ratul saw Subhro for the first time. The quite boy with a spectacles which had a string attached with it to keep it falling out of his eyes- instantly got his caring approach triggered. Knowing that Subhro will be in his school too made him feel more excited.

"We are going to be best friend you'll see. You can play with my robot c3po. Its totally new. Dad just bought that for me..." Ratul had blabbered so many things that day and Subhro too had listened with excited eyes, he could tell.

But inevitably he couldn't not appear the next one whole in school as he had caught a fever. Damn! How many times he had cursed that fever he had failed keep account. But the next when he appeared the scenario infront of his eyes made him bone shocked.

Subhro was now best friend of that guy. That stupid guy he didn't even know name of. But he instantly knew how much he was gonna hate that human for rest of his life. It was not like he didn't try to extend his hand of friendship towards that Anindya. But Subhro was always so much for him, around him they were best friends for crying out loud.

Grinding his jaw Ratul ran his fingers through his hair still staring at Subhro's room. But suddenly a strong sense of a pair of eyes being on him made him turn around with a jolt.

He turned just to meet with a pair of amused eyes. Those eyes were filled with quarries and curiosity yet not to the point of irking. A pair of jet black eyes which were so big, that almost evoked a memory of someone forming a hurting lump on his throat.

With a jolt he turned his face away. He cleared his throat and gulped to deform the lump while approaching towards the main door.

"Here," a hand hold up a glass of water infront of him as he was knotting the laces of his shoe.

Ratul looked up to see the same girl. He took a brief look of her head to toe before taking the glace. For the first time he noticed her apart her eyes. He face had a 'know it all' smile that was teasing him. He could bet the girl was in her early twenties, maybe a college student. He gulped down the whole liquid in a go.

"I thought you could use some." Renu smirked taking the glass back. "You want more?"

"Your sister I think...?" Ratul stopped a little shaking his head in negation. Renu nodded to confirm his guess. "Cause I know Subhro doesn't has any. Anyway she will kill you if she know you gave me even this."

Nothing but a small smirk Ratul got as the answer.

And then smiling back he arose from the chair kept beside the main door he was sitting on.

"Anyway I hope I could entertain you with my short appearance." He winked with a smile in his effortless and incorrigible flirting skill before he was gone leaving something rooted inside her...

I hope you liked the part. Now please VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and comment
...