Part 43

A/N: Before you the part start - please follow me to get notified about the upcoming updating of this book.
And also, a very happy Bengali new year to you guys.
শুভ নববর্ষ।
Love.
And, here we go...

"You think this one will fit him?" Tuli asked scrutinizing the maroon T-shirt she had held up in her hand.

Sneha took a look of the shirt tilting her head a side. "Fit who? Shuvro? He has broad shoulder and he is tall... like really tall." She carried on imagining her colleague and friend's husband on the shirt. She had a fashion conscious bone. If it wasn't for the love for physics she would have persuaded the earlier career. So with the eyes of a fashionista she was checking the shirt. Tuli stared at her listening to her with a frown. Was she uncomfortable hearing the description her own husband's physical outline from another woman? Her eyes were cautious indeed but face hardly act on that.

"You might need one size bigger." Sneha input her judgement. "He must wear a 3XL."

The Bengali year ending sale in the shopping mall had dragged almost half of the city in the mal and it being a Saturday night didn't help the situation at all. Roaming around even under the air conditioner was making them sweat. Sneha had shopped a lot of things. Tuli too picked up some things, miscellaneous for the house mainly - cushion covers, bed sheets, pillow cases, a beautiful carpet and also a Taser sari for her mother. She hated the fact that her mother was wearing white saris now. Every time she looked at she feels like her someone just reached over and ripped out heart. Hence she had picked up a light maroons sari with a mustard yellow boarder and she was gonna see to it, that her mother wear it.

And now she with a T shirt in hand she contemplating whether she should buy it.

"Just buy it Tuli. It will be fine." Sneha sighed looking at her. She was unaware about the war in Tuli's head.

"I haven't seen him wearing button down 'T's'" she said.

"Well, you are gifting it, he will probably wear this every day just." Sneha rolled her eyes.

The sentence was suppose to evoke a laughter or make Tuli sure about taking it. But much to Sneha's surprise Tuli left the shirt in its rack.

She didn't want Sneha's comment to be true. What if he thought it something else than Tuli's motive. What if Shuvro thought of her gift as a proof of her taking a step towards his and her being 'them'? Would she like that?

***

Because Tuli had told Shuvro of her plan of going for shopping after work hours with her colleagues he came back home alone. His head was packed with various thoughts about work.

The project he was on needed him to go on a trip again for what it was anticipated for almost two months.

One and a half month away from home!

Who was gonna look after his wife, making sure she was okay!

He was so much in thought, the click of unlocking the main door and light foot step failed to fall in his ear.

Entering the house the first thing Tuli hear was sounds from the kitchen and then a delicious mouth warming aroma of food wrapped every smell buds of her.

Her husband was cooking.

Her lips lift up in a excited joy. Getting out of the shoes she headed the kitchen while dumping the bags in her hand onto the couch.

Shuvro realized Tuli near him when she crossed the doorstep. He took a look of her over his shoulder giving her a smile.

"You are cooking!" She smiled failing to suppress the sparkles in her eyes.