Part 35

I know you guys are upset cause I didn't post quickly. But I am really upset too. The number of vote is not even half of the reads. Doesn't this story deserve it!!! Please vote if you guys like this story. Those boots a lot of encouragement trust me.
I tell you what, if I get 100 votes on this part I will post the next part just the next day that happen.

For reason she didn't know, Tuli woke up early that Sunday. The soft sunbeams of baby sun of morning had illuminated her room.

Freshening up, she came out of her room and instantly her eyes zeroed towards the next room. Biting her lips she peeped into the room a little.

Shubhro who had returned last night, was sleeping peacefully and soundlessly on the bed. His light snore was synchronized with the rise and fall of his chest.

Making herself a cup of tea Tuli sat at the living room, with the daily news paper in her hand. But having the newspaper spread in front of herself was the end of her connection with it. Neither her eyes nor her concentration was in it. Her eyes roamed around the house. For the first time she took a look mindfully of the house. Where she was sitting, the living room was at the ground floor along with the kitchen and dining room and a room with a bathroom. The first floor had three rooms - two master bedroom and two extra room. The master bedroom of him, was now Tuli settled in. And Shubhro occupied the other one, which was his parent's.

The ground floor also had the garage outside where Shuvro's ford was.

In between her thoughts Chaya walked in the house with her keys and seeing Tuli sitting at the living room she stopped a little in surprise.

Tuli smiled at her across the living room and got up from the sit.

"Fancy a cup of tea?" She asked smiling.

Still in surprised Chaya paused a little looking at her smiling like a toddler. Maybe the smile was contagious, cause Chaya's lips bend up too as she said, "I will make it, do you want one cup..."

Chaya's sentence couldn't come out her mouth as Tuli interrupted her quickly, "I am telling you, I am making it. Do you want it or not? You go and start arranging for breakfast." And she headed to kitchen without waiting for the answer.

*

A lots of sound altogether welcomed back Shuvro from sleep. Making a face he opened his eyes and ran his eyes around the room. Nope the sound was coming from the living. He recognised voices along with a machine. His ran his eyes towards the clock and the position of the hands of the clocks made his eyes popped open.

Its noon!!!

Quickly he headed towards the washroom.

Composing himself he headed downstairs to the source of the chaos.

The picture he witnessed from the head of the stairs again made his eyes popped out.

Their Tuli was running around the living room unhooking all the curtains and sucking the dusts and spider waves from the corner of the room with a vacuum cleaner.

Her mouth was constantly working, commanding a very cautious Chaya, who was runing at her tail.

"These are so dirty..." Tuli made a face growling over the sound the machine. "The washing machine won't be able to wash these... or would they?" She talked at her own. "Anyway if you can't wash these all today do them tomorrow."

"I will try..." Chaya nodded at the very mistresses of her who was being one for the almost first time.

Shuvro observed the scene very dearly. The vacuum cleaner was out for the first time after two years. His mother used to do all these chores and yell at him and his father if they would come between her and her dusting at that point of time. Shuvro was very neat but he using the machine didn't came to his thought. He even forgot that they even had one.

He observed Tuli very keenly. She had wrapped a scarf around the lower portion of her face, which was flushed and a little scarlet with sweat beads. The dominant commander of the class monitor, or the school captain, who single handedly used to organise and control all the sports, functions of school at the time of her rain was visible in her. She was in a mission.

From her various sides, this strong, this controlling, organizing side of Tuli was Shuvro's favourite. She was so busy and pationatly involved in doing things, with her eyes twinkling, and being herself - Shuvro was almost convinced that the old Tuli was back. But he knew better.

He kept standing there noticing her until her eyes landed on him.

"Oh. You are up!" She chirped panting profusely.

"Yah. I overslept..." he inched closer to her scratching his nape.

"Oh. I thought you must be tired, so I didn't wake you up..." she told him nonchalantly.

What?

Startled, Shuvro looked at Tuli as his eyes widened a little. He couldn't understand what to say to that. The idea of her thinking about him never even came into his mind. He stood there flabbergasted trying to read her a little.

Tuli was back to her activity again, when Chaya called him to have the breakfast which, according to her was getting cold by now.

*

"What should I do?" Shuvro asked folding the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows. Tuli snapped her head down hearing him.

"You wanna help?" She asked trying to balance herself on the top paddle of ladder.

"Hey, its my house too..." he smiled looking at her. "Will you find another person ever who cleans thing better than me, neatly?"

A light smile spread on her face as she nodded and handed him the things from inside the upper self of the cupboard in the living room.

Standing afar at the kitchen doorway Chaya's lips bent upward as she dearly looked at the scene infront of her eyes.

***

Days got colder as the page of November lost almost all the days from the calendar.

At the Diwali's evening when Tuli eliminated up the corner of their house with the flame is the small ethernal pots Shuvro was at her tail with the tray of the pots.

***

Eventually the days got colder and colder. Kolkata was dressing up again forgetting the sadness of post Durgapuja for Christmas.

But December was waiting with a wrenching news for Tuli.

One cold night of the middle December around Tuli's phone rang up screeching when she and Shuvro were sitting at the living room watching something on television with warm coffee in hands. With in some gaps of moments Shuvro's eyes were stealing glances of her and she could feel it.

Taking a look of the caller ID Tuli's brows furrowed a little. Her mother was calling her. It was nine o'clock and she knew it was time for her mother's favourite serial. A little surprised she received the call.

"Hello, maa..."

"Tuli... your father..."

"What happened to Baba? Why are you crying maa? Maa..."...

Hope you guys have liked it. Now VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and please comment...