Part 55

A/N: If this part gets enough votes I will post post another update tomorrow...

The water in the river of the time elapsed. One week of what Ratul very delightfully put as the 'Honeymoon phase' was filling every moment of Shuvro's life and with blushful cheeks and cautious, quivering heartbeat he was cherishing it. Though every now and then it seemed a lie to him. He would believe every morning that he was dreaming till now and now it was all over. But the longing and affectionate interaction between his and his wife would alleviate the misconception.

Thus days were passing.

"How did you learn to cook so well?" Tuli asked having her arms around Shuvro's torso. He was mixing the porks in the gravy that he made. Tuli was clinging on his back. She was on her tip toe, resting her face on his shoulder as she peeped on the cooking pan. The colour of the food in the making and the delicious aroma of it seduced her.

Passing a chuckle Shuvro answered "the cook of our pg in Bangalore while we were interning there, was so awful we had to try our hands in cooking and I got carried away and learnt a few recipes. The boys were so delighted the first time I made the mango fish curry. They got to test something that test different and nice."

"You are so talented Shuvo." She cooed like a baby in awe, rubbing her hands over the T shirt of Shuvro's stomach. He smiled the smile of triumph. "You deserve medal." She quipped.

"I should. You must write to someone pointing out how great I am and ask for the to award me." He chuckled.

"Certainly my friend. At once!"

The Sunday lunch passed deliciously with his pork mashala and her pulao. After having the lunch the duo sat to watch a movie. And Shuvro picked up a black and white Bengali movie. The easy going flow of the movie tranquil the mind of the two.

Sitting on the couch he put up his legs on the short coffee table and dragged her on his lap. Sitting there her legs across his thighs she had her head resting on his chest.

Their eyes stayed on the screen but mind stayed in their own conversation. The seemingly endless discussions they were having had no topic in particular of certainty of one examined. As if words that were confined till got a way to vent.

*

At the Sunday evening, two of Shuvro's relatives surprised the couple with an invitation to the wedding of their daughter.

Tuli with smile in her face put a tray of snacks and tea infront of the relatives.

The aunt and uncle smiling some more scanning her complimenting how pretty she was slipped some complaints they had of Tuli's never visiting them. While they put up the smile their constant gaze kept examining her for any hint, any following of the incident they witnessed at the reception night. After which every time they asked Shuvro for visiting he had always been vague about the answer or ignored it. They knew some thing was wrong and as they now had the chance they needed answers.

Tuli very cautiously took a look of Shuvro who had a stupid and nervous smile on his face with fearful eyes.

"Its not my fault aunty, now who, he knows where you live - if he doesn't take me to visit everyone, how shall I know?"

Very innocently pointing the gun at her husband Tuli sat down peacefully.

The uncle laughed out saying "indeed indeed!"

The aunt felt a little irritation at her husband as she wasn't convinced with Tuli's answer but said, "whatever, but now its your sister in law's marriage. You mush and must come. Shuvro must have forgotten us. But I must tell you if his mother was alive she would have been there a month prior. But you all are busy generation..." the aunt carried on. With surprise in his eyes Shuvro saw Tuli with a huge smile pestered on her face keep promising the aunt that she would definitely be there.