Part 3

"You came here to try to tell me to forget him and get married to some one else?" Tulika shouted. "He loved as his own sister! He defended you no matter what! How are to telling me to forget that person???" with each word Tulika's voice increased. Where Pulu stood there hanging her head. "does Butu know this?" Tulika asked pausing a little.
Pulu looked up to answer the question but as she saw Tuli's face again, her Sumedh da passed her mind. She knew the person like her own brother. And yes she knew her brother would never want his love of life to die every day like this. Because the girl was standing in front of her, clearly needed warmth, care. She would never say that a girl can not be her own, but a the Tulika she knew, was never like this. She was a lively girl, even before Sumedh.
"its been seven years Tuli di. I am not asking you to forget Sumedh da, nor I am asking you to give Suvro da that place in your heart, but you need a family..." Pulu spoke in a soft tone taking a hand of Tulika in her.
"what I need is to be left alone Poulee." Tuli snapped her hand away. "why you people don't understand. I don't wanna get married. And Suvro? Are you serious?" her eyes were flaring, but tears seemed not to know any bound. "the guy. Who didn't for once talk to him in a good tone, the guy who doesn't even respect the person I am in love with- he never tried to understand our love, never! And as soon as he found the guy dead he jumped up to the opportunity? - you want me to get married to that person? I will kill myself before that!" she growled.
Pulu stayed mum. The thoughts she believed as a teenager, while saying that it was Suvroda's stubbornness, were again in front of her, making her argue with herself once again. "Tulidi I..."
"Poulee I think you should go now!"  Tulika's words heard harsh in Pulu's ear making her shut. She stayed a little looking at Tulika then slowly walked out of the room.
Walking out of the room, a figure standing frozen, hanging his head at the doorstep- caught Pulu's eyes.
Suvroda!
Poulee looked up at the person who was standing there looking like someone she had never seen before. The person was visually miserable.
Suvro looked up with a jolt seeing a pair of foot in front of him. His lips tried to form a weak smile seeing Poulee. "I was just..." he mouthed clearing his voice.
In the earlier of these seven years, Suvro tried to approach Tuli, but she never replied a word to him. He knew she was talking to everyone else but him. When Tuli  left medical study- a thousand times he tried to talk her into not doing that. But again, he was abandoned. Lately he stopped making himself interfered in her life. It took all of his courage to gather to walk till Tulik'a room, when her mother asked him do so. But his feet froze hearing his name from her mouth. He thought of many reasons behind her such way, but never thought of what he just listened.
He licked his dry lips, "I just brought this." he murmured giving a jewellery box in Pulu's hand. 'there's a pair of bangle of my mother, I thought she should wear this." ignoring what was going on inside his head the cool headed person inside Suvro talked the business he was here for and stormed out.

***

It was almost late night when Tulika sprang up on her bed. The figure of her father sitting at the edge of the bed hanging his head brought her out of her thoughts. Her mother had called time and again for her dinner but returned defeated. The fire of rage inside her, was making her go crazy. She was hurt, she was mad- how could everyone just ask her to forget the love of her life? She could never even think about someone else, forget getting married.
"are you here to get me for dinner too? Baba, I have lost my appetite!" Tulika snapped, though her vice was softer in comparison.
"I wanted to talk to you Tuli."
Her father's flat tone felt a little broken to her and she sat up straight unknowingly.
Taking a pause Mr. Sengupta spoke up again, "Tuli you know, we, your mother and I are getting old. We'll not be with you for long..."
"Baba, why are you saying..." Tuli's voice broke as tears rolled out of her eyes.
Mr. Sengupta looked up at her daughter properly now, "I can not watch my one and only daughter like this. I am sixty nine now, I had one stroke... I can not die, knowing my daughter's future is not sure."
"don't you have a little faith in me baba?" she asked.
"I have never asked you anything darling!" Mr. Sengupta's eyelids gave up now. Tears rolled down by wrinkled cheeks as he gripped his daughter's hands, "your father is asking this one thing dear, please, be kind and have mercy on your old-man and get married to the guy. He is a good guys Tuli, he will keep you happy. Have faith in me."
By this time, the daughter broke down, knowing there was no more escape. The man she had never seen sobbing, was crying in front of her. She knew she was trapped, but how could she see her tear's in her father's eyes. Every logic of the whole world get failed in front of parent's tears.
"Baba, please..." though for once she tried.
"Tuli, have mercy on me... Please. Let me die in peace, knowing you have a family... A future.."
Had it been her mother, she had thousands of replies, but - it was her father!
She knew, she had lost her every battle of escaping.
Standing outside of the room Mrs. Sengupta wiped tears with a smile of relief, and quickly moved. She had a lot of work for tomorrow...

Vote and leave comment, if you want next part, cause those are huge supports...