Part 13

Turning her head Tuli looked at the clock once again. It was already nine forty five. Had she been any other girl, she must had been already dolled herself up, packing her bag for good three days or more in the name of her parental house. But Tuli had lost will to drag herself up, from the bed. This house or her parents house didn't hold any difference for her. All she wanted to do was cocoon herself up in the room and get invisible, uninvolved from every aspects of world.

It's been over an hour since she had been pressing the snooze button in her phone. She was exhausted. The very chance of going to her parental house failed to excite her.

A little knock on the door made her distracted her. She thought it to be Chaya so she got up. The women would start yelling at her almost reminding her of her mother, and she didn't like it.

But surprised she saw Suvro strolling inside gingerly.

He kept his gaze on her as he walked in the room with a small bag in his hand fumbling with thre ribon of it.

Tulika sat up with quizzical face and a questioning gaze in her eyes.

Suvro gave sitting on bed a thought but just the next moment shot it out as he looked at her eyes. He had never feel so much cautious in his life before, not even when he was getting interviewed for his job- the way he was feeling around Tulika, who was his best friend since ages.

He kept the small brown paper bag on the bed clearing his voice, "I-I bought something for you. 'Thought maybe you would like to wear..." he spoke in a small voice seeing her not reaching for the box. Even after some moments when she didn't gabbed box but kept staring at it and him. He ushered her "won't you like to take a look what's inside?" He tried to sound cheerful as he unknowingly sat down on the bed.

Tulika took a look of the bag and then of Suvro very cautiously and suspiciously then took the bag on her lap.

She pulled out a small jewellery box which revealed a platinum ring with a diamond on it. The stone shone vividly but didn't reach her eyes. She kept looking at the ring snd he at her face. Moments passed by and the tint of excitement in Suvro's eyes sweeft off seeing no changes in Tuli's face.

But when she spoke at last it was nothing like he had imagined her to say.

"So you want me to put this up while I go to my house... oh sorry that's not my house anymore- my parent's house, so they can see how much of a good husband you are are and how good disition they made?" She asked looking at him showing the ring.

Suvro's mouth opened to reply but nothing came out of his mouth, as he kept looking in her eyes.

"Aren't you tired of being the good guy already? Like what's with all this pretention of 'may I come in' or 'have your food properly' and gifts?..." she hissed looking at him, a cruel zest was burning in her dul eyes. "You wanted a girl but lost because of some guy and then he died, so yah... 'guess what, she is all your. I mean after all you have married her isn't it..."

"You have gonr mad! You know that?" He growled making a face before he stood up to leave the room.

"Just get over with me Suvro, it's better that way." She screamed.

With a jolt Suvro turned hissing, "why? Cause then it will be easier to hate me more and so even if stop mourning over him, your hate will stop you from coming to you?"

"I will never..." she started yelling back but got interrupted.

"You are afraid Tuli." Suvro inched closer to her, " you are simply afraid, cause you know, you know you always had feelings for me. He came between us Tuli, I didn't. And you are afraid you will fall again. And you know it." He howled again looking at her eyes this time. And for a moment he noticed a sheild to fall down in her those brown irises.

But the next second it was up, tallying with her voice "How dare you!"

"Tell me if I am wrong!" His smirk challenge her.

"Get the fuck out of here!"

He took a look of her silently and strolled out.

Her eyes gave up welling up when clenching her jaw she threw the little box of the ring with all force out of the door the way he strolled out.

***

Suvro was waiting at living room next morning all ready in a cream off white panjabee and a clean white pajama. His just showred wet hairs were combed in order; yet some disobedient strains of them were falling over his fore head. He was cleaning his spectacles when Tulika walked out of her room. The sound of her feet made him look up.

Tulika standing at the door step squirmed a little bit looking at him. She had draped a blue Jamdani saree with some light jewellery.

Subro took a look of her from head to toe then with out saying anything approached the main door.

***

"Why aren't you wearing the shakha polas??? And where is the vermillion?" Was the first thing her mother asked her after taking her inside.

"I am happy to see you too mother." She smiled humourlessly.

"Are you kidding? It hasn't been even a month and you are bot wearing any of the bridal wear. It's unholly!" Her mother hussed in a fearful tone.

"Everything, that unfortunate, unholy- that was supposed to occur me, had already been done mother. Nothing new can be scary more." She smiled...

Please vote and comment if you have liked it, for me to post the next part...