Part 61

A/N: I wait to read you people's comments. Please do leave comments. I look forward to them...

It was one evening of late December, nine years back, when for the first time Shuvro came to know officially that Tuli and Sumedh were together. Shuvro with Arun, strolling around had gone till the lakeside, just to have some phuchkas with the then girlfriend of Arun. As the couple had the snacks under Shuvro's annoyed face due to their public display of affection something caught Shuvro's eyes, making him froze.  Shuvro's trained eyes at the bus stand around the corner witnessed - Tuli and standing in her arm and having his face in her hair was there Sumedh, telling something in her ears that made her giggle being blushful.
That was the first time when besides having a poisonous snake lashing all through his body, making his every mussel clench, Shuvro froze because of a crumbling fear coming out of its whole hidden deep inside his core.
Then this fear paid him a visit at the first night of their marriage, coming inside the room when he saw Tuli lying over a poodle of blood having her wrist slit.
And now as he sat looking at Ratul's father's smiling face that fear started running through each and every nerve of him. While every beaming face mouthed him congratulations Shuvro suddenly felt cold. He heard Tuli's mother shrieking in joy and surprise. She could not believe what she was hearing. Shuvro was afraid even to look at Tuli's face but somehow he knew a cloud that had appeared over her beautiful face.
His eyes met Ratul's eyes and he knew his best friend was also sensing the anticipation of the storm coming up.

*

A fog of silence surrounded Tuli and Shuvro. Other than the time when Shuvro asked her if she was ready to leave and Tuli nodded, none of them shared another word.
Just as Shuvro climbed over the bed, Tuli walked out of the room. And as Shuvro called her name all she replied was she wanted to be alone.
"Are you upset because you are pregnant or for its mine Tuli?" In murmur Shuvro's voice asked her.
For a moment Tuli stopped in her way, still having her back at him and then went inside the room Shuvro used sleep earlier.
Shuvro kept sitting there as the fear that ran through him now started drumming inside his chest - as Tuli's refusal to utter her answer kept stabbing a sharp knife in his chest.
Again! And again!

***

"The result is positive Mrs Roychowdhuri." Doctor Mukherjee, one of the top gynaecologist of the city smiled at Tuli. "You are pregnant."
This time Shuvro gathering all of his courage looked up at his wife. Shuvro felt someone started strangling him - he would choke and being breathless die any moment now. Shuvro felt someone shoving his hand inside his throat was crushing his windpipe. What was hurting him the most was not the sadness in her face. No! He expected her to be sad when she refused to answer his question though a part of him was still hoping for a miracle. But more than sadness, disdaining disbelief was so vivid to on her face. As if she could not believe such a misery could occur to her.
The doctor looking at both of their faces understood that this was not what they wanted to hear. But as neither of them uttered the very question of the way out, she could not say anything.

*

Again silence prevailed the duo's ride back to home. Tuli's frowning face kept looking outside through the heavy shower. But her biting of her lips and elevating breathing stated acutely that a tornado was rising inside her head.
Shuvro's grave eyes were trained at the road. His jaw set in a firm and tight clench. His knuckles turned into white now as his fist sat around the steering wheel tightly. Someone inside his head kept screaming that Tuli didn't want the child, the child that she bore from him.
Suddenly Tuli started shaking her head and then the thick layer of silence tore by her voice "This... This -"
"You don't want this?" In a boring flatline, Shuvro asked firmly. Surprised face of Tuli snapped at him.
"I -" she exhaled sharply closing her eyes. The escape way was right in front of her. She knew that. "I never planned for this. I -"
'Neither did I!' He wanted to say but didn't or rather couldn't. Tuli's words from their previous fight kept screaming back to him. Suddenly all the allegations of her started to seem true to him. Did he inflict all of this on her forcefully? But that was never his intention his lord knew that!
"Tuli, do you not want this because it's mine?" Despair rang through his voice as Shuvro asked having a mournful smile on his face. Hopelessly she closed her eyes. The screaming 'No!' in her head left unsaid as she looked at him. Looking at her Shuvro was saying "you don't have to be so sad; its okay..."
Tuli wanted to say that it was not that. She wanted to say the only thing that was making her want this child was for Shuvro. She wanted to say she thought she was not ready to be a mother yet for the sake of the child. In such a state of her mind,  when she didn't know where she belonged - to whom she belonged; when her mind was so turned; sometimes she lost the control of it - she did not think it was okay for the baby. In a state when she was yet to overcome the dreams she weaved along with Sumedh, how could she start a new one with another one? That would be betraying for all of them.
She wanted to tell him. But she couldn't. She could not for her horrified eyes noticed Shuvro had broken the red light of the four-way street and from the other side a black Sedan was coming with all its speed like a grim reaper. She could see the driver's eyes widened as he failed to control the speed and the car skeet on the wet road.
"Shuvro!!!"
Her horror-stricken shriek claimed Shuvro's attention. She realised herself leaping over ignoring the seatbelt to reach and cover her husband as he following her eyes, was now looking at the Sedan.
Tuli's one hand grabbed the steering wheel to turn the car at right to avoid the inevitable but with a huge sound of the collision, everything in front of her went black...

*nervous laughter*
Don't kill me.
So here was the update. Hope you like it. Now VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and comment. Also to get updates about further updates of this story and more follow me...