Part 5

I am very sorry I could not post this part last Monday, for I was a little ill. But here is the update...

"When have you came?" Tuli asked with a smile looking Butu.
"Just this morning!" Butu spoke up p grumpily taking a look of her. She was wearing a bright yellow red cotton sari, with mehendi designed up till the elbows of her both hands.  "You seems happy." He almost scoffed, as his nose flared up.
Sensing the tone in his voice Tuli smiled weakly. "Isn't it what you people want?"
"Not me." He spoke up quickly looking at her "Tuli, if there's even 1 percentage of doubt in you just tell me, I swear Ill bring down police here but won't let them do this to you!" Butu caught Tulika's shoulder tightly looking in her eyes, asking her for permission.
Tulika looked up at him, with something in her eyes. Something, so much coldness that the core of Butu shaken up. Even in last seven years he didn't see such coldness in the girl's eyes. An unknown fear stricken his heart.
Just at that time Mrs. Sengupta hastily came in the room. She got informed about the arrival of Butu and as soon as that with the fear that he could make her daughter change her mind again, she had rushed down to the room. And coming inside the scene made the clouds of her worries tangled again.
"Tuli, the turmeric past from Suvro's house has came. Come, 'gaye holud' is going to get started..." mrs. Sengupta ushered her daughter.
Tuli stood up nonchalantly giving another smile to Butu and walked towards her mother.
Mrs. Sengupta with a drummimg heart looked at her daughter's face worriedly. But her hast eyes failed to observe the cloud in Tulika's face that could foreshadow something. Satisfied, Mrs. Sengupta looked back to Butu asking him to have brunch quickly before all the hustle bustle get started, for he was to escort Suvro till the wedding place.

***

All the rituals get started soon, followed by 'gaye holud' itself. All the married women started applying the turmeric past that came from the groom's house with his touch, and then the bride was sent to bath fully. The females in both the house got indulged happily with the portion of the turmeric past, that was left after aplying on the bride and the groom.
Pulu herself took the charge of not leaving one single human deprived from the very play of aplying the past on each other like holi. She didn't listen to aunty's "No not me Pulu" or any teenage girl's  "boudy my pimple...!" shrieks.
But her bright smile with a handfull of turmeric past haulted infront of her husband who shot a furious glance towards her.

***

The sound of sehnai evoked the sudden sense of hustle bustle in the comiunity. The comiunity centre was fully decorated as bride herself. The marriage was setteled at the time of the gloaming.
It was the at the very afternoon the bride was sent to get ready with the lady came from the perlour. And both the house started finishing up the lunch and dressing up hurriedly.

Suvro gulped down the entire bottle of the water and still was feeing his throat parched dry. His heartbeat was sounding like a drum to his own ear. He was about to getting married to girl, he had been dreaming of since he understood the word marriage. The girl of his dream!
The sense of something unholly happening was not just going away from his mind. Every moment was he behabing like a cautious rabbit.
"Just relax okay!" Arun patted his back with a scowling face at his friend's restlessness.
"How can she just behave so nomally. She said yes just like that Arun!" Suvro murmured biting his lips.
"She was not saying yes, then you had a problem now she did, your problems seem to increase! Dude what the shit!" Arun growled.
"You are not getting it... I have never been this much tense even for my Joint entrance exam..." Suvro ran his fingers through his hair while licking his lips. "I mean wh-what if something happens, what if he somehow emarages out of the blue..."
Arun kept looking at his friend's bewildered state confusingly. "Who emerges? Sumedh?"
Suvro gave a nod.
"What kind of sick joke are you saying...?"
"I am just..."
"Stop this nonsense, there is a lot of things to do now... buckle up!" With that growl Arun stood up to stomp out of the room.

***

With the dusk prevailing over the city, the hustle bustle in both the house increased the spead.
Tulika came to the venue with Pulu on side, and setteled down on the bridal chair. The exhaustion of her face got perfectly hidden under the bridal make up. Though she was not dolled up with a lots of it. Earlier in the week Pulu forcefully had took her to some spa, and that really had done magic. The dark circles under her eyes weren't at all visual. In its place the kohle was beautifully adorning her doe eyes, accompanying by the gorgeous red benarasi and some gold jewellery.
Mrs. Sengupta sighed as tears edged her eyes, after a long time which seemed like after ages ago, she was seeing a glipm of her old Tuli...

Please vote and comment if you want me to continue, that's huge boost...