Part 45

"What is the need of your dropping me at the airport, I am failing to grasp Tuli." Shuvro ran his fingers through his hair frustratingly. "I will call a uber."

"You can book a uber, but you also have a perfectly fine car!" Tuli answered while putting her long mahogany hair in a bun and shoving a hair stick through it. The scene infront of him made Shuvro in the loss of words and forget what was going on for a moment. Until she turned at him and smiled. "Lets go."

"What? N-no..." the idea of Tuli driving the home back alone was creating worrisome creasing lines on his forehead. This particular argument was lasting since last night she had offered dropping him and him perpetually declining that offer till now.

"Oh! Stop being a sexist prick Suvu!" Calling it a end of discussion Tuli picked up the car keys and a bag of his luggage to head out.

The whole way till the airport sitting in an attention posture eyeing her driving and the road - flinching at every turn and overtakes or speed bumps. All his actions graciously earned glaring daggers from her eyes as she drove swiftly on the busy streets of Kolkata.

Parking at the airport's parking lot she raised her brows. "Did I passed the licence taste? Oh wait a second I got the licence when I was 19!!!" She growled making him smile nervously.

*

Though he was in tension for her to drive alone back home still on another thought, the idea of her driving him till airport was making his brain going crazy all over the place. As they sat at the waiting lounge his eyes lingered on her thinking if it would be totally insane of him to just grab her in his arms for few moments.

For just a few moments!!!

Why did she come?

The question kept coming back to him again and again. Last time she didn't even bid a goodbye. Was something changed? Was it possible remotely even? His eyes hovered over her face with thousands of answer he was eager as well as scared to ask.

Tuli left when Ratul popping up at the last moment started making haste and looked at her with shocking eyes.

"Wasn't expecting you?"

"That's must have what your parents thought!" She quipped with the most fake smile of her.

*

"Are you home?"

"Sir please turn off the phone -"

Consecutively these two sentences fall in her hearing aa she receive the phone parking in the garage.

"God Shuvro I am home! Seriously! What the fuck!!!" Being annoyed she answered.

A deep sigh of relief followed his words, "I was just worried about you. It's not for doubt on your driving its just..."

"Well, I am fine. Safe and sound at home!" Her voice soften. "Now switch off your phone."

"Okay."

"You will let me know when you land."

"Yah. I-I will call you!?"

"Hmm. Now switch off the phone. Bye."

"Bye."

Hanging up the phone he looked up just to meet with Ratul's pair of surprised eyes that seemed to be jumping out of the socket. Shuvro realised all his the bloodstream rushing towards his face as he mouthed a 'what?' back at him.

*

There was three days between Tuli to head to Delhi from when Shuvro left. She couldn't get a leave of absence from the university to fly out with him.