Part 27

The lunch break was fifteen minutes pending when Renuka came out of her office to head to the restaurant across the street. There was a cafeteria in her office building but she would prefer to starve than having even a slice of bread from there. Besides the restaurant across the road offered some really delicious food in everyday affordable price.

So as usually she came out of the Amani towers, where her office resided - with Jamini, her co-worker, walking besides her blabbering something out about the workload her HOD had just inflicted on her when the familiar figure leaning on the Scorpion claimed her gaze.

Her eyebrows tied a knot in the same time little animals started flattering inside her stomach pit.

Jamini caught Renuka's gazing direction and her eye followed.

There leaning on the closed driver door was standing Ratul in a very formal attire.

"Ey...yaaam!!!" Jamini grunted, at which Renu gave a nod.

Ratul's eyes covered by aviator sunglasses were angled towards his phone which he held in hands. Mau be he sensed a pair of eyes on him cause he looked up suddenly. And as soon as his eyes landed on Renu a small smirk pulled up a side of his lips. He gave her a acknowledging nod striding towards her.

"You know him!" Jamini squealed, "where did you get one of those?"

Renu let out a growl from the back of her throat as Ratul strode towards her. The sleeves of his white linen shirt were folded till his elbow and were hugging his biceps giving all away the very trace of each curve of his forearms and each flex of the muscles as he approached her.

As he inched closer all the words about Tuli from the day before came rushing towards her. And looking at the scene before her everything got knotted inside her chest. She gulped, trying to swallow down the confusion

"Hi!" Ratul grinned halting infront of her.

"How did you find me?" Was the first thing to come out of her mouth.

The surprise in her voice made the smirk on his face deeper. His eyes strolled up and down on Renu's figure quickly and then his eyes shot at Jamini who was ogling at him with wide eyes.

He instantly stretched out his right hand tilting a little on Jamini's side, "Ratul!"

A unprepared smile pulled over Jamini's face as she reached out to shake his hand while introducing herself.

Renu eyed the whole situation intently which pushed her to speak up to Jamini "You carry on and have the lunch, I'll need some time."

Jamini shot Renu a glare as she wanted to linger, but she got a warning glare instead.

She left giving Renu a 'you will be telling me everything at once after lunch' look - though not before leaving a smile towards Ratul.

"Are you stalking me?" Renu hissed mildly crossing her arms across her chest.

A light chuckle left Ratul's throat, "you think finding out your work place is a big thing?"

"No, but coming here is." Her cheeky mouth said quickly. In the answer Ratul's eyebrows raised. "You know my sister didn't describe you as someone I should even talk to?" She crossed her arms across her chest tightly to hold herself straight.

Damn it! Why this man was so tempting!!!

She growled inwardly, though her face didn't give that uncomfortable fervency away.

"Yet you are here!" Ratul's smirk expanded, "talking to me. Alone.!"

Ratul took each word of the last, in a calm voice, admiring the reaction that was reflecting on the face of the girl standing in front of him. The words wrapping in Ratul's ever charming voice and baritone which made him famous among the female fraternity of, first his school, then collage and now of his office and the clients. The voice had the ability to make anyone's knee wobble.