Part 20

It's been almost a fortnight now Tuli had resumed her office.

One day after getting up when Shurvo came to her room to see whether was up or not, her all dressed up appearance startled him a little.

Tulika had taken a leave of one week, forced by her mother, but then when she splited her wrist Shuvro himself had informed her college about her being ill and had expanded the vacation.

But the depression in her refused to make her any move, which was illustrating the days of vacation to infinity. Her this antic made him worried as well as her college authority.

So fortnight ago they sent her a memo, for taking leaves without fore-notice.

"Are you seriously gonna hamper your career?" Ashima, one of her colleagues had asked her calling up, on hearing about the show cause letter.

"I don't know what has happened to me, I don't feel likw going anywhere anymore." Tuli had sighed.

"Just come tomorrow Tuli, and we will talk. Okay!"

Tuli didn't decline that. The research project she was on, was important for her, besides she was missing teaching.

"Are you joining college today?" Shuvro's eyes sparkled seeing his wife getting out of her constant routine of curling up on bed with gloom face.

Tuli looked up at him but then didn't answer anything but walked out of the room to grab the breakfast.

"I will drop you." Shuvro had said gulping down the rice mixing with the curry in a haste. He was all ready to be rejected and then he started forming his defence reply in his head. But she kept quite.

And after finishing the breakfast she stood quietly beside Shuvro's bag, that was lying on the couch. He looked up at her with awe.

She looked back at him raising her eyebrows. "You said you are gonna drop me. I don't really know the road anyway." She shrugged.

"Yah... yah... umm..." with a confused mind he headed the door hastily.

Days had gone off after that. The page of April had beem torned off from the calendar.

***

It was one Saturday, Kolkata's sky got all covered up with black clouds, the trees stopped swinging heads in air, humidity suddenly raised along with the temperature - professing the oncoming of the northwester.

Tuli with her colleagues started heading home. But the wind started howling when Tuli arrived at the bus stop. The storm started furiously in some moment. She luckily got into a bus and grabbed a sit before it got crowdy.

Her phone ranged up with Shuvro on the other line.

"Where are you? I am coming to pick you up."

She didn't know whether it was her own worries of just some minutes ago of getting a transport, before she got the bus - the worry in Shuvro's voice also touched her and left an unknown, weird felicity in her.

"I have got a bus." Her strain tone didn't gave away the sudden feeling in her.

"Oh... okay. Do you have umbrella?"

"No..."

"Damn. Why? Why don't you carry one?"

At this point the warmness inside her got her awareness and with a distinctive irritation she cut the call and threw the cell phone the dark hollow of her bag.

Tuli entered home with the heavy rain on her. Fully drenched she reached the house.

Chaya widened her eyes witnessing the state of Tuli and ushered her to quickly get changed. Chaya transformed into a doctor and mother for Tuli the next moment. Running thorough the house she was arranging dry towel to dry her, scolding her for not carrying an umbrella, advising to carry one further. After assuring Tuli was dry enough she handed her a warm cup full of coffee.

In the last two month Chaya has realised that het this new boudimoni was not a bad person. Sure she wasn't in love with Shuvro but Chaya knew how much love Shuvro had for Tuli. And since Shuvro's childhood it had been Chaya's duty to take care of the things that are dear to him.

But not all this trys could resist the chill feeling and increasing temperature of Tuli. It was a little after dinner with shaking hand she got under a quilt in the season summer.

Shuvro was still awake, hearing the light goan from her room he came to her room.

The thermometer said, it was 102 degree already... 

I am sorry I coul not post earlier. But here is the new part. I hope you guys have liked it. Now VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and comment...