Part 29

A/N: I know I am so late. But think in this way, I could have forgotten of posting this easily. So its a plush sign. :D :P Besides, since someday you people have been complaining about the pace and length of the chapters so I needed to post today.
Now about this chapter, you might find some words unknown, look bellow for the meaning of them. Secondly, if you find some spelling mistake or grammar mistake, that's cause I haven't edited it yet. Yes this is directly out of my thoughts. xD
And, about the pace, you guys have been complaining, but remember it has been only 4 month's of their marriage. Come on give her a little time.
Now enough of my rants. Now here is the chapter...

************

Rain was tardy this year. It took almost June's last week to shower over Kolkata. The romantic season failed to bring any change in the life of newlywed couple except for an invitation of a meal at his uncle's house at the first week of July.

"If it was not kind of necessary I would not have even asked you. For I know this must baffle you. But mami almost threatened me that we must go." Subhra told Tuli while having dinner. His eyes rested on her face trying convince her as much he could.
She for once looked up at him. Subhro felt as if she wanted to say something but then she frowned a little and returned her attention on her food. His eyes lingered on her face trying to gauge out the answer but got nothing.
Confused Subhro asked again, "So... you will... we... um" he cleared his throat a little taking time to construct the question in his head. "We should go. We are?... um..Right? Will you go..."
"There is still time for something that's gonna happen on Sunday." Tuli got up from the table taking her plate to the washer with her.
Subhra keep sitting there quietly before the food in his plate claimed his eyes and he concentrated on it. But his mind kept roaming on being distracted.
The increasing quiteness didn't fail to grab his attention. He realised it was since the day he cooked she has been quiter than ever.
That day after Tuli confessed about Biriyani Subhro did not even bugged her to have lunch. He had asked Chaya to take a portion of the food home leaving a little for him and to put some rice in cooking for Pulu. Chaya's curiosity did not restrain from asking him why but he walked away behaving like he didn't hear it.
Later when he had lunch after a long nap evrything was in freezer except a plate biriyani on the table with a bowl of Mutton, sliced onion and cucumbers - all covered and put with utter care. The arrangement made him suspect a little whether Chaya did it or not, but he was too hungry to ask anyone anything besides Chaya had already left.
Scince that day he had noticed the increasing quiteness in Tuli. She was more visual in the living room which was good. Tuli would sit at the wooden armchair style couch which was Subhro's father, but she won't talk. She would do something in her phone or watch T.V. Subhro even saw her talking with Monisha, Chaya's daughter, but not to him. She is painfully scilent around him. Once he thought of catching her looking at his was as he was sitting on the couch facing T.v. watching a football match, but when he looked at she appeared to be looking at the marvel work on the floor, with utter concentration.

*

Sunday neared. Tuli still didn't confirmed about whether she was going or not. When Subhro reminded her at the Saturday evening asking for her answer, she looked up at him with utter calmness in her.
"You know hoe this type of things baffle me. I need the night to think about it." She replied simply and most simply walked inside her room.

***

Next morning when Subhro came to knock at her door as usually the sight infront of him made him froze at the very doorstep making him forget to knock.
Tuli was standing infront of her mirror pluging the hair dryer. She moved throughout her room arranging some cloths. As she stood infront of the mirror in her white top and grey pyajama, her freshly shampooed dump hair fall all over her shoulder cascading a little lower her very waist. The morning sunbeam coming through the window was kissing all over her very torso.
The scene made Subhro forget of his being there standing. He felt nothing else was there. No reality was there to make him snap out of his dream. The dream he was seeing very infront of his eyes. He felt this at this moment of him looking at her, witnessing the sunbeam falling on her making her figure appear like an allusion was his reality. Her being there like a dream and him looking at her- he didn't want more than this. He didn't believe of him having more than this. He never not even in his dream could believe of having more.
This reality was better than bis anyonther dream he felt. For he left dreaming long long back. Dream was so fragile for him like the person he dreamt of - Tuli. He belived if he was going to chase it, it would disappear in the worst way possible.
He was so engrossed in his thoughts looking at Tuli - the pair of eyes, that were staring back at him through the mirror didn't got his attention.
Tuli's eyes cautiously looked at Subhro's face seeing him standing at the door. Her mind roamed all around seeking down all the worst reason of Subhro looking at her. But then she failed to conclude anything about him. She squirmed under his expressionless gaze.
She cleared her throats to grab his attention which worked.

"I thought we were supposed to go some where," she commented drying her hair.
"Um... yes. You are bathed...um I should get ready." He told quickly gathering his brows in a frown and with hast stormed off to his room.

***

"I was dying here to meet my 'naatbou'! You have know idea my darling how much I have craved. I asked everyone, I asked you husband time and again... but he only answers one thing. 'I have work, but we will come one day!'. God damn it! This old lady is dying here, and he is making excuses! But you are so beautiful my darling. So so beautiful. Suvo was no wrong when be described you to me. Not even a bit exaggerating! So so beautiful!"
The 94 years old lady talked with glittering eyes and a huge smile on her face as she held Tuli, her new naatbou's hand.
"Ofcourse she is prety thamma, otherwise why would have Subhro drive this mad!" Riya Subhro's cousin smirked interjecting the innuendo. The tone didn't fail to penetrate in Tuli's mind. She squirmed as she understood the meaning. Standing just behind her Subhro's head snapped at Riya draggering a glare at her.
'What the hell!' His eyes asked her silently. Riya rolled her eyes at her dearest brother.
"Ei!" Ratna, Riya's mother and Shuvro's mami gave Riya a little push with her hand. The offensiveness didn't deprive her to touch. She gave her daughter a glare.
But Riya was mad. Vehemently mad at Tuli. As she saw her all she was able to think about was the night of the reception. The helplessly shocked face of Subhro was haunting. She could still hear all the whispering of their relatives. The sister was very protective of her brother. Since the death of her uncle aunt whp was Subhro's parents, Tuli was the best thing she thought could happen to her brother. She was betrayed and felt utterly ashamed for not stoping her brother to get into this.
She draggering one last glance at Tuli stormed off the room and Subhro followed her.

Though Riya'a comment didn't fall in years of their Grandmother. The old woman was busy in cherishing Tuli's beauty and praising her while telling her all kimd of stories of Subhro's childhood and her daughter and son in law, Subhro's parents.
"Look after him darling. This one will die but will Never open his mouth to ask for anything. When his parents my daughter and her husband die we al were so worried about him. And now you are here..." Subhro's grandmother kept blubbering while Ratna stood there looking at Tuli, smiling, commenting on some of her mother in law's words.

*

"Did you invite us to humiliate my wife?" Subhro growled walking out of the room following Riya.
"Are you seriously that dumb or she has turned you into one. She is never your wife Subhro. Wake up!" She growled turning at her brother. The pain and utter irritation burned her. Subhro looked at her for sometimes And reading the pain clear from her face he sighed.
"Di, I know you are worried. But I love her di. Please!" He appealed taking her hand in his. "Please be nice to her. She is my wife. And she needs us!"
"No one needs care more than you Suvo. Have you fucking seen yourself lately?" Rini hissed looking at the big dark circles under his eyes.
"You don't know a thing about her..." he replied.
Riya ppened her mouth but shut it back as she got intrrupted.
"Havr you tasted the Ilish? Damn it they are no like those of Padma!"  Tomal, Riya's husband growled standing at the living room. His voice is boombing throughout the room thus claiming everyone's attention. Riya sighed looking at her husband.
This man knows nothing except food! She was irritated by the fact that it was only her who could see the things that she thought She could see.
"I have forgot what it used to taste like!" Subhro chucked sadly joining the conversation and feeling relieved to end the one with Riya.
"That was our time son...!" Riya's father commented thus officially evoking the conversation over a fish like typical Bengali he was.
The three men failed to withness what was going between the person who had just arived at the doorstep to look for her husband and haulted under the gaze of Riya.
Tuli could almost feel the annoyance that was fuming inside Riya...

Meaning-

Naatbouu- grand daughter in law.
Mami - aunt. Wife of your mother's brother.
Thammi - an affectionate nick name for grandma.
Ilish- Hilsha. Fish! The best fish ever <3

The chapter was long, wasn't it!
So this was the update. I hope you like it. Now VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!! and comment...