Part 60

Tuli wasn't feeling well for some days. Constant nausea kept making her irritated. And on that Shuvro's abnormally quiet-self was just increasing it more and more.
"Why are you being like this?" She growled irritatedly one day.
"Like what?" He asked.
"Like this." She raised and low her hand showing him.
"I am like this."
"No. Be normal."
"This is my normal self."
She had just made a face.
And then when watching her in distress he asked her to go and visit a doctor with him she just threw daggers of glare at him.
"You are taking some high doses of medicine, maybe this is just the side effect of that. I think you should consult a doc-" he had appealed but before he could finish her counter-argument was ready.
"It's fine Shuvro. I am fine. Why do you always feel the need for a doctor is beyond me."
"Because I want you to stay in health."
"You have an obsession. I am telling you." She had dismissed. He had thrown his hands in the air in submission heaving a sigh in defeat. And making a sad face she had said, "Gone are those days when you forcefully took me to a doc."
Shuvro had looked at his wife with awe. "You can not have both ways." Scowling he complained to what throwing her head behind Tuli had laughed out loud and pinched his angry balloon face.

*

Promising to visit a doctor the very next day the RoyChowdhuris headed towards to Renu's place on the 6th of June. Picking up Tuli's mother on the way Tulu and Shuvro reached there in the afternoon.
"Shuvro said you are not feeling well. What's wrong?" Mrs Sengupta, Tuli's mother asked after she got inside Shuvro's car.
Throwing a dagger from eyes at Shuvro for telling her mother Tuli shook her head in negation. "Nothing maa. Just a little nausea. "
Mrs Sengupta's forehead created creases. "What did you eat? Did you have anything from outside" Tuli opened her mouth to answer but couldn't as her mother keep saying "This habit of yours. I swear this habit! How many times have I said at this time of the season-change, one should always be careful about eating and things. Last year you almost caused pneumonia, remember that. This was the time-"
Tuli took a glance of Shuvro at the driver seat. With glaring eyes, Tuli saw her husband fighting to control the laughter that was bubbling inside him making his body trembling now and then. Oh, how she wished to swipe that smug laughter off his face with one action of her hand! Only if her mother wasn't there.
But she could not do anything in the car. So after getting out or the car when her mother went inside Tuli's Mama-Mami's house, she took the advantage of the time.
After Shuvro walked around the car to her side, with one swift move she grabbed her husband's buttock tightly. Jumping up, he yelped.
Looking around once making sure no was witnessing, through tightly clenched teeth she hissed with a smirk on her face. "Khub na!  You are complaining about me huh! Having fun now are we?"
"Sorry! Sorry!" Blushing like a tomato Shuvro chuckled.
"Go now complain about this!"
"Sorry!!!"
Taking a close look of him and grinding the idea of stealing a kiss along with biting her lip, she uttered "Moron!" before leaving him and walking away with a smug smirk.

*

A few of relatives were invited to the ceremony from both the side. For the first time, Tuli saw Ratul's parents so closely. They seemed nice people to her, smiling at the occasion, which made her wonder about what went wrong with Ratul.
"Isn't this the same boy you all used to fight?" Tuli mother asked her. Nodding to that she rolled her eyes.
"He is your son in law's best friend." She replied and looked Renu giggling as an uncle  cracked a joke.

On the other side, seeing Shuvro approaching him Ratul with the intention of ignoring him completely excused himself on the balcony where some of Renu's brothers were chatting. Seeing Ratul joining them very excitedly they uproared. Hopelessly Shuvro sighed.
After sometimes when the brothers were called out by someone Shuvro walked in the balcony.
"Are you seriously ignoring me?"
Studiously enough Ratul ignored his question, just took a look of him raising his eyebrow.
"How long are you gonna continue this act of yours, you the biggest pain in my freaking ass!"
This intrigued Ratul enough and glaring at Shuvro he spoke, "oh then you should be happy that the pain is not bothering you anymore! I am just making sure I don't cause any injury to your oh so paradise of a marriage."
"Will you be done with that? Please? I said sorry and I am saying it again. You know I am an insecure freak! What am I supposed to do? Beg at your feet?"
"Stop being a drama queen!"
"No! You didn't even inform me about this engagement!" With a hurt tone Shuvro accused.
"You did the same with your marriage-"
"Because I knew how you feel about that Ratul-"
"Well for me, I was damn scared Shuvro!" Ratul bit out a hiss looking at his best friend. "You are the only friend I have and I knew how much my and Renu's relationship would bother you, so I told her I will tell you first. I never wanted for you to know it like that. But - " he ran his hands throw his hair.  "Well it happened, but I never expected you to react like that." He looked away heaving a sigh.
Shuvro took a long look at his best friend. He wanted to hug that man - but somehow couldn't. "You didn't imagine a psycho wreck mentally shit of a person to behave like a psycho wreck mentally shit of a person? Do you even know me?" A humorous chuckled lightly came out from both men. "You are the only one I have as a friend Ratul.  Even when no one was there..."
"I would never ever think, about doing something that can hurt you Shuvro!" Ratul said interrupting Shuvro.
"You punched me!" Shuvro howled and then controlled himself looking around and being aware of the place. To which Ratul made an irritated face but he continued hissing. "Do you know how long I had to wear shades for that? And how many questions HR asked me for that black eye!"
"Yes, that was so horrible as the price to your allegations of me conspiring against marriage!" Ratul retorted, "I know you think I don't get it but I do know how important Tuli is for you, and yes, I don't agree with you, but- thinking I would harm that - you disgust me!"
"I said sorry," Shuvro said with hope for a peace treaty. But looking away Ratul fished out a cigarette to light. Then looking around put that back. Heaving a sigh Shuvro sat down an lighten up one smoke of him. Being one year old in the family he could light one smoke as long no elder person was around. Besides he had already shared a moment of smoking with Renu's father when they were arranging the cremation of Tuli's father.
Hence earning that brownie point he lightened a smoke with a bit of pride of being seniority. Taking a puff from it passed to Ratul.  Taking a long look at him with a frown he took that.

"I am really sorry, man!" Shuvro murmured. His best friend nodded lightly exhaling the smoke.
"I know. But I am not sorry about that punch. You deserved that." Ratul's answer made Shuvro chuckle aloud along with him. Then inhaling sharply he said, "you have no idea how much I am in love with this sister in law of yours."
Shuvro smiled. And almost instantly a feminine voice spoke up, "well Shuvroda's sister in law loves you too!"
Snapping their face the doorway, from where the voice came, the men realised that in the unknown to them, stealthily Renuka had stood there.
"Were eavesdropping?" Ratul asked squinting his eyes and dragging Renu with one hand of his.
Wiggling out of his hand while glaring at him, blushfully she said: "well, I was just checking if you two were fighting!" He innocent playfulness made the men laugh out. Then looking at Shuvro Renu asked, "Shuvroda are you fine with us now?"
Taking a look at both the person in front of him, his best friend and Renuka he was about to answer when a shriek from the inside claimed their attention.

*

Standing in the middle of the joyful crowds of relatives Tuli suddenly felt as if a Vail of black cloths someone had dragged in front of her and then again everything was fine. The sudden occurrence with her made her frown. To grab a glass of water she approached the dining table. But after approaching some steps she felt like the whole world suddenly took a swirl and again a black cover was dragged over her eyes.
She realised the thing didn't go unnoticed when a sister in law of her screaming her name put her arms around her.
"Tuli! Tuli! What's happening to you?" The sister in law yelped. "Are you okay?"
"Shuvro... Shuvro..." All she could utter inaudibly. Opening her eyes she tried to look for the person but she failed to do so. She realised taking the hand of the lady she had sat down on a chair.
Running Shuvro came to her as well as her mother and taking her name started yelping.
"What's going on!" He screamed looking horrified at her wife. Sitting down beside her chair he took her hand. Mrs Sengupta taking a bottle of water was making her drink.
Tuli realised everything that was happening, but she was feeling so dizzy and week to get up. The whole clan of relatives stood surrounding her with questions in mind.
Ratul's father was an eminent doctor. Amidst of all taking Tuli's hand, Ratul's father sat. Listening to the pulsation of her, a smile looped onto his lips. Then looking at the sick worried face of Shuvro pleasantly he said "There is nothing to get so grave about young boy! In her situation, this is very common. It happens! You just need to take good care of food and staying healthy."
"In her situation!" Inaudibly a murmur came out of Tuli's mouth.
With surprise, the doctor looked at her face and then at Shuvro's. "You don't know?" Both the person shook their head in negation as everyone else stood in silence anticipation.
Very dramatically Ratul's father then announced, "Well, though for confirmation you should visit a gynaecologist, I believe young lady, a small guest is on the way. You are pregnant."...

So here was the part. Hope you like it. Now VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and comment. Also to get updates about further updates of this story and more follow me...