Brothers (Destiel AU)

Today was going great, perfect actually. That was until I figured out the boy I love is going to be my brother. Here's how it happened...

"Okay, so when I get home I'll tell my mom, no matter what." I said looking up at Dean as we walked in the park. "And I'll tell my dad." He said with a nod. It was a beautiful day out; warm weather, the sun was out, kids playing, just perfect. I hold onto Dean's muscular arm as we walk. He started talking about his conversations that he had at lunch with his friends, it was quiet funny so I laugh.

Me and Dean have been dating for about a month, secretly. No one knew except for a few close friends. Today we decided to come out and tell our parents that was until I got home and everything changed.

When I get home I walk straight to the living room where I knew I would find my mom. I put down my back pack and sit in the chair across from where my mom was sitting, on the couch. "Hey mom," I say. "Hey Cas," She says with a big smile. I take a deep breath. "I need to tell you something," We both say at the same time. "You first." I say.

"Okay," She says taking a deep breath. "You know that I've been single for quiet a while now, and you know that me and Mr. Winchester have became good friends,"

"Yes..." I say. My eyes flash to her hand and on her left hand, ring finger she wears a ring with diamonds on it. Oh my god. No, this can't be happening, she can't..

My thoughts get cut off by her continuing. "Well today John proposed to me. I know it's a lot to take in but just remember that he makes me happy Hun," I freeze. I feel her take my hand in hers. "It's not going to change anything between us I promise." I manage to nod. "You ok?" She asks looking at my eyes. I don't look back at her, I just nod again.

"Now what did you have to tell me?" She asks with a smile. I clear my throat. "Uh... nothing, I should go do my homework." I say then quickly grab my bag and go to my room.

The next day me and Dean meet up at the railroad tracks, I don't know why but we always hangout here. There is no school today due to it being Saturday.

We sit on the railings in silence. Dean picks up rocks and throws them down every so often.

"Dude what are we going to do?" He breaks the silence. He picks up another rock and throws it down again. "I don't know, this totally sucks. I never knew our parents were so close..." I sigh.

"Well there's nothing we really can do I guess. I mean we can't just make them break up so we can be together." He says. He does have a point, but yet again it's the other way around, we can't break up just so they can be together, I couldn't do that.

I only got about three hours of sleep last night so I scoot next to Dean and rest my head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me.

"If we were to split up and then be brothers I don't think I could nor want to live like that." He says. He rests his head on mine, I guess he didn't get much sleep either.

I dose off...

Next thing I know is that Dean is shouting and that there's a train horn blaring in my ear. My eyes shoot open to see a train a few feet away from us. Me and Dean stand up and jump off the tracks. The train misses us by three feet. If we were just a few seconds slower we would've been food for the bears.

We tumble to a stop. Dean on top of me. We quickly stand up. I can feel my heart beat against my chest. We must've been in a real deep sleep to have woken up at the last minute. I can see that Dean is as terrified as me.

Once I catch my breath enough to talk I say; "Let's never do that again." He nods. "Yeah." Once we catch our breath we laugh then we grab hands and walk into the woods, heading back to town.

~

ONE WEEK LATER

"Don't y'know think it's a little early to move in, mom?" I ask bringing another box from my bed room out to the kitchen. "No, it's not. Don't worry everything will be alright." She says with a reassuring smile. Yeah, sure it'll be. I think to myself.

I turn to go get the rest of my stuff but my moms calls me so I stop. "Oh and uh I hope it's ok that you will be sharing a room with Dean for a while, is it?" She asks. Sharing a room with Dean, yeah great this will make it even easier to try not to have an attraction to him! I sigh and just ignore her and keep walking. I meant to say 'yeah that's fine' but it just didn't come out.

I get the last thing and bring it out to the living room. My mom says we will sell the stuff that we won't be needing anymore, including our house. Mr. Winchester and Dean and Sam pull up in the driveway, this is the last load then we'll be completely moved out.

My mom, Sam, and John get a box and bring it out to his truck, leaving me and Dean alone inside.

"You know that you'll be sharing a room with me right?" He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes. "It's not like we can do anything, we are brothers now." I say grabbing a box. "Stepbrothers actually." He says. I roll my eyes. "The point is we can't be together." He looks away.

I bite my lip. My mom, John, and Sam walk in so I take the box and walk outside.

I would be okay with this if me and Dean weren't together, cause Sam would be an awesome brother and I would love to have a dad to talk to.

~

I walk into my new room, Dean's room. I've been in here before so I'm familiar with it, except for the boxes on the floor. I never pictured living in here before but now I have no other choice. His room is to small for another bed so we will also be sharing a bed.

What the hell are we going to do? I think. Someone walks in behind me. I turn to see who and it's Dean.

He walks up to me and grabs my hand. I should pull back but I don't want to, so I don't. We stare at the boxes that ly in front of us. We don't have to say anything to know what the other is thinking. It's the same question that has been our head for a week.