chapter 4

For the next few weeks it was all going fine. Azazel was still a bitch, picking on me but I ignored him. Mine and Cas' relationship is still a secret, and it seemed like things were really fitting together. That was, until our argument...

I walk into my....our...room. Cas sits on the bed staring at the ground. I shut the door behind me. "Hey, you alright?" I ask, squeezing his right shoulder a little. "Yeah, fine.." He replies not looking up. I walk over to the closet unbuttoning my dark red plaid shirt. I look back at where Cas sits. "Can you throw me that dark gray shirt over there?" I ask. He finally looks at me. His eyes get distracted by my bare chest. I smirk. He then leans over and grabs the shirt off the ground and tosses it to me. I catch it and slide it over my head, chest.

"D-Dean, we need to talk." He says, his voice shaky. "Uh, yeah sure, what is it, Cas?" I ask, turning to face him. His eyes don't meet mine. "I don't know how to say this..." He shakes his head. "I don't think we should be together," He struggles as he says it. "I mean, your gonna be my stepbrother and I....don't you think it's wrong?" He says looking up. "No, Cas we were together first, don't let them break us apart, we'll work things out." I say. "But Dean..." I interrupt before he can finish. "Look; we'll just come out, tell them I'm sure they will all be okay with it."

"It's not that simple. I mean do you know how awkward it would be if we broke up?" He says.

"Cas, it'll always be awkward! If we break up now it'll be awkward cause we have feelings for each other, if we stay together secretly it'll be awkward-, do I have to go on?" I say not meaning to raise my voice.

"I know! But I don't know what to do! I think it'll be better if we break up now cause then we wouldn't develop more feelings for each other." He says raising his voice too.

"Those feelings are already there though! And keep your voice down, our family is sleeping." I say in a harsh whisper.

"Your the one that raised your voice first so don't you dare turn this around on me."

My cheeks warm. I'm not sure what it's from; anger, frustration, confusion, guilt? Maybe all. I roll my eyes. "You know what's your problem? You over think and overreact too much! 'What if this, what if that, blah blah blah'"

His mouth drops open. "Really? So that's what you think of me? 'blah blah blah' seriously? What are you? 10? Oh and if you want to point out flaws I can go ahead and say a list full."

"Whatever Cas. Why did you even bring this up? You know what I already think about this situation."

"Because it's not all about you, you selfish brat. We are together meaning we solve things together."

"Me? A selfish brat? Are you fucking kidding me? I do everything for you, I might be many things but I am not selfish."

He snorts.

"Ok whatever, if you want to dump me go right ahead." I shake my head. "Sleep well alone Castiel, better get used to it cause I have a feeling I won't be sleeping here in a long time." I say then exit the room.

"Dean!" Cas shouts running after me. He grabs my wrist in the middle of the stairs, pulling me to a stop. "All I was trying to say is we should talk and work together, your the one that turned it into a fight."

"That's a lie. Sometimes I think your just obsessed with drama-"

"Bullshit!" He says in a higher tone.

"Cause you always find some kind of way to-"

"Bullshit." He says again in a more serious tone.

"Okay, whatever," I say trying to pull my arm free. "I'm done with this conversation we'll talk about it when you have your mind right."

"No Dean. We need to talk about it now." He says gripping tighter to my wrist.

I tug back. Pulling my arm back then throwing it hard towards the ground to shake him free. His hand slams into the wall making a big 'thump'. He yelps and grabs his hand. I turn away and stomp down stairs.

I find a blanket to use then slump myself on the couch.

I lay there for maybe an hour, thinking.

I was a jerk. He was only trying to work things out and I made it a big deal. What I said to him was wrong in so many ways. Why the hell did I say that?

I wonder if his hand is hurt...

My thoughts get to me even tho I tried to not let them.

I pull off the blanket. My eyes flash to the clock hanging on the wall. It reads: 2:45. I drag my feet upstairs.

My finger curl around the cold doorknob. I push it open. Cas sits on the bed holding one of his hands-his right one, the one I slammed into the wall.

"Let me see your hand." I say slowly walking up to him.

"No, it's ok.." He says holding his hand closer to him.

"Cas." I say giving him a look.

"It's fine really..." He says putting his hand out. It's all swollen and red even a little purple. I had no idea I threw it down so hard.

"Oh my, Cas I'm sorry." I say staring at it. My fingers grabs his hand and lifts it up so I can examine it some more. "Let me go get a rag." I say getting up.

I walk out of the room. I see where Cas' hand hit the wall. It left a dent with cracks.

God he probably hates me now.

Once I get back with a hot rag I kneel in front of Cas and take his hand. I press the rag onto it gently.

We sit in silence for a while, both of us looking down at his hand.

"Hey, you know I didn't mean what I said, right?" I ask breaking the silence.

"Mmm. Don't lie Dean. If you said it then it means you've been thinking about it.."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Maybe not but you can't say that you didn't mean it cause you clearly did."

"I-"

"Don't. Just leave."

I think of a way to argue but come up with nothing. I think about kissing him on the head but change my mind.

I go back to the couch.